Since switching ISPs internet speed tests fail more often than they succeed.

sebastiNsebastiN Member Posts: 1

Any ideas what could be causing this, or steps to mitigate? When I kick off a Fingbox Speedtest, these failures usually appear to record either upload or download but the other one shows as 0.

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,312
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @sebastiN
    Thanks for your post. I would advise to reset the Fingbox and make connection with new ISP again so if there is any discrepancy it will be removed. To move your Fingbox to a new network, follow these simple steps:
    • Locate the network name in the middle of the top bar of the screen – click on the drop-down arrow next to this.
    • This will take you through to the My Networks screen which contains a list of all your networks.
    • Swipe left on the Network with the Fingbox on it and click on the Deactivate that appears. This will remove the network you have already configured, freeing up Fingbox to be assigned to a new network.
    • After you have deactivated the Fingbox, you will be able to connect the box to the new network you’d like it to be on.
    • Just connect it to the new network you’d like to monitor and complete the onboarding again for your new network.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • sebastiNsebastiN Member Posts: 1

Well, I did that, and it doesn’t seem to have made any difference to the reliability of the speed tests.

it sure did clear all the device configuration and history on my fingbox, though.

• sebastiNsebastiN Member Posts: 1

Well, I did that, and it doesn’t seem to have made any difference to the reliability of the speed tests.

it sure did clear all the device configuration and history on my fingbox, though.