How to unfollow a discussion

SamiJankissSamiJankiss Member Posts: 15
First Anniversary 5 Likes Founder Name Dropper
✭✭✭

I don’t see a way to unfollow a discussion, e.g., the “Founders joining” discussion.

What am i missing? Thanks

Best Answer

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    hey @Pooh - done converted to a question! Thanks for flagging.
    @SamiJankiss - the founders thread is closing tomorrow and also the community categories feedback. I am aware those are causing some pain for some users in terms of alerts. 
    TBH, I didn't expect so many people to participate and didn't realize that alerts on the thread were going to be such an issue.  I'm now aware they are. Next time I do a custom badge, I'm going to ask people to DM instead. However, I only realized the problem far too late once the process was defined. 

Hopefully tomorrow you'll be able to turn alerts back on tomorrow for threads you've participated in.

I do also recommend follow the categories you are interested in too. For example, if you want to get alerts about beta testing, you can follow this category. (not too much content will be appearing there and general these will be important updates/new features/releases) that you may like to get alerts about.  https://community.fing.com/categories/announcements

I'll remind others of these alerts settings in the next community mailer going out next Friday!
    Hope this helps ^^
    Cheers!
    Violet

Community Manager at Fing

Answers

• PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you can't "Follow" a discussion, you can't "Unfollow" it either.

Have you checked your settings?

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    SamiJankiss
  • SamiJankissSamiJankiss Member Posts: 15
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Founder Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭

Thanks @Pooh , I had forgotten about the preferences for events to be notified of. However this is a general setting for all threats/discussions. So I guess the right thing to do at this point is to ask for a modification to somehow deal with discussions I have commented on but no longer wish to participate in.

I know these Founders discussions are going to die out at some point, but I’m not sure I’d be happy with commenting on a popular discussion in the future which could continue to echo notifications to me to infinity and beyond.

VioletChepil
  • PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I can see your point, @SamiJankiss. I'll raise a separate question for @VioletChepil for her to add onto her (what is by now I'm sure exceptionally long) request list!

Also, Violet,  mind converting this to a question?

Edit - Donehttps://community.fing.com/discussion/425/community-forums-could-do-with-the-ability-to-ignore-chosen-discussions/
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    VioletChepil
  • JackJack Member Posts: 53
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭

Would be good (essential) to add a stop notifications on this thread to the bottom of each notification email! :-)

SamiJankiss