Fing Desktop 1.3.1 bug

smarkhamsmarkham Member, Beta Tester Posts: 25
10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
Fing Desktop 1.3.1 is now not showing all the allocated names which are shown in Fing App and Fing Website

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,823
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @smarkham , 1.3.2 just came out.  Can you upgrade to it and see if the issue still persists?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • smarkhamsmarkham Member, Beta Tester Posts: 25
    I trying to to upgrade by refreshing but no luck yet will get back when I got an upgrade. Stephen
    1.3.2 has the same issue. This issue occurred in a beta release and was fixed. Stephen 
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,121
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @smarkham
    Are you using Fing Desktop on macbook or Windows? Also, on which device are you using the mobile app(Android or Apple)? To address your query, I would like to tell you that if you have Fingbox and then you install Fing desktop then, first of all, you will see multiple networks under your account. Only those networks will merge from Fing mobile app and Fing desktop which are without Fingbox.  

Also, if you are in the mobile app and then you open Fing Desktop network then names, customization will merge but not with the Fingbox network. And if you have iOS 11+ without mac address and if you run a scan from there, you will see another network w/o any mac address. If you open the network pushed by Fing desktop, you will see it but will not be able to refresh from mobile.  

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Hi Robin
    Windows 10 and IOS 11.4.1
    So in essence Desktop creates a different network when it scans which I can see on app.fing.com and IOS App. But doesn't  integrate with FingBox created network and doesn't allow me to view the FingBox created network is this correct? I don't scan networks without FingBox with IOS due to the MAC address restriction which is why I'm keen on Desktop. 
    Stephen
    admin
    smarkham said:
    Hi Robin
    Windows 10 and IOS 11.4.1
    So in essence Desktop creates a different network when it scans which I can see on app.fing.com and IOS App. But doesn't  integrate with FingBox created network and doesn't allow me to view the FingBox created network is this correct? I don't scan networks without FingBox with IOS due to the MAC address restriction which is why I'm keen on Desktop. 
    Stephen
    Fingbox and Fing Desktop are both different applications. Fing Desktop and Fing App runs scans on demand but Fingbox continuously monitors the networks. As for now, you can see changes made on web app for Fing Desktop network and Fing mobile app as well if you chose the Fing Desktop network from the all networks.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    I understand but app.fing.com and FingApp allow one to view all scans but there appears to be no option with FingDesktop to view different scans. FingApp understands that a FingBox is deployed on the network that is being scanned allowing one to choose either continue the scan or use the scan made by the FingBox and I would therefore expect FingDesktop to have the same intelligence. Regards Stephen
  • CheriePieCheriePie Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited May 3
    I came here looking for this very answer. Installed Fing Desktop for the very first time and noticed it created a second network separate from the one in my Fing app that's used by my Fingbox. The Fingbox and the Fing App use the original network, and Fing Desktop uses this phantom one of it's own creation for some reason, without the ability to select the existing one (where I have the hard to identify items manually named). 
    I'd love to see this corrected in the next version of the Desktop. Thanks!
    PS - and no, it won't let me combine them in the web app either. :(
    admin
    Hi @CheriePie

To address your query, I would like to tell you that if you have Fingbox and then you install Fing desktop then, first of all, you will see multiple networks under your account. Only those networks will merge from Fing mobile app and Fing desktop which are without Fingbox.  

Also, if you are in the mobile app and then you open Fing Desktop network then names, customization will merge but not with the Fingbox network. And if you have iOS 11+ without mac address and if you run a scan from there, you will see another network w/o any mac address. If you open the network pushed by Fing desktop, you will see it but will not be able to refresh from mobile.  

Robin (Admin at Fing)