Fing IOS data gone; from app update? Fing.com shows it all there.

tjctjc Member Posts: 6
Photogenic First Comment
edited April 2020 in Fing App
App sees my ISP ok, can detect devices. My Fingbox (latest version) led is blue. App shows 'unknown access point" constantly, despite my manual re-detecting it. ISP speed test history also gone. 'Last network' says 4 months ago?
Rebooted every internet hardware device. IOS device is fine otherwise. I could reinstall Fing app but then won't I have to start over? Can I suck down the Fingbox info from Fing.com to the app?
Tagged:

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,153
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @tjc, can you confirm your using the same account on both the Fing app and the web site?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • tjctjc Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Comment

yes, I have only one account.

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,153
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. I don’t want to take you down a direction which could affect your previously discovered data so let’s bring in the Fing folks @Robin or @Ciaran if you could look into this please.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,745
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @tjc
    First I would like to know if you have enabled the location permission for Fing App and do you see multiple networks of same name under Fing App? Under App Settings, please make the following 2 changes: 

1. Disable Reverse DNS Lookup 

2. Change the Maximum network size to match your network size. 

To do this: 

• Open the Fing app, ensure that you are on the Network associated with your Fingbox 

• Tap on the Avatar icon in the top-right corner 

• Choose 'App Settings' 

• Scroll down and go to the "Maximum Network Size" setting and select the size based on the number of devices connected to network in your house. 

These changes should help with the issues in scanning.  

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Photogenic First Comment
    None of that seemed to help... however, I did discover that my mobile device seems like it strangely keeps wanting to throw itself on the 2ghz network for my router instead of 5ghz, so that's likely it. However, even switching back to the 5ghz, all did not restore like I figured it would. I suspect this is likely from the phone probably being on the 2ghz network for a while, plus Fing app update(s)? over the last month or so. I tried your suggestions but they did not seem to totally fix everything. Still says I've got 'unknown access point'. If I try to (re?) detect it, it goes to the IOS Fing settings. Can't really tell what I should adjust in there to get the access point detected; turning off and on Reverse DNS lookup, max network size, and privacy mode, none of them appear to make any difference. I also tried deleting old networks that I discovered were listed on the phone; now Fing.com shows that I've got no networks at all synced up there. Arg. Any other suggestions? Maybe I'm missing something obvious.  Seems like it is almost all-working. : )   Thanks!
    Photogenic First Comment
    Still have 'unknown access point'. Any other ideas? Thanks again!
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,745
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @tjc
    We have a small bug for apple devices where the device customizations are gone. We are already working on a fix and it will be released with future version of the Fing App. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!