Phone on 5GHz & OS on 2.4GHz

jamzm
jamzm Pittsburgh, PA, USAMember Posts: 121
100 Comments First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes
✭✭
How does this work?  My Android phone is connected to the 5GHz network and its operating system, Nougat/Android 10 is connected to the 2.4GHz band.  Everything is working.  This is just weird to me.
I used to be fat.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• DonPachuco
    DonPachuco Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Answer First Comment Photogenic
    #2 Accepted Answer

You can click on them individually and select forget, and it should then be like you've never even been connected to them. If that doesn't work after selecting forget on all of them, do the network reset again. Generally when scanning for Wi-Fi, it will show the SSID of every network in range of your device. If it's showing ones that you know you aren't close to, or haven't been in a while, you will definitely need to "forget" each network. The way it should have worked, was it should have made your device like you've never connected it to Wi-Fi. That's what mine did.

Answers

• DonPachuco
    DonPachuco Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Answer First Comment Photogenic

I'd suggest going into the network settings on the phone, and first selecting "reset all network settings", then go through all the different SSID that you connect to in your home, and select "forget" on all but your preferred connection, and then leave that one as the only one you auto-reconnect to, in your home network.

Assuming that you are referring to the Wi-Fi calling feature that is.

• jamzm
    ✭✭

Thank you...I will look into that.

I used to be fat.
  • jamzm
    ✭✭

I used to be fat.
  • jamzm
    ✭✭
    Okay, I did reset phone network.  I thought that would remove other networks but it didn't.  And when I look up how to eliminate them it doesn't work.  Says to touch at the end of the network name and you'll get some options...I get nothing.  Sorry to be such a pita.
    I used to be fat.
  • jamzm
    ✭✭
    Oh, sorry.  It's just listing neighborhood networks that I've never logged into.  So,I think i'm good.  Also, I found that another device was disguised as Android 10 OS.  There are other strange things going on.  I'll post them as I go.  Thank you very much.
    Jim
    I used to be fat.
  • jamzm
    ✭✭
    Very nice, what part and where are you now?
    I used to be fat.
  • jamzm
    ✭✭
    Very cool..I too spent time in the military, worked for DOD contractors and ended up an electronics tech at usps.  Been retired 2.5 years now.  Originally from New Castle and living in Butler County.
    I used to be fat.