everybody is absent ?

JazzMoJazzMo Bergen NHMember Posts: 5
First Comment Photogenic

My girlfriend never shows up as 'present'. I am the only one registering as present while we are all home and on the network. Why doesn't she appear as present ?

Comments

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    I would check to ensure that you have their mobile devices assigned to them and that they are connected to the network. Also, please ensure that all permissions are granted for the Fing App to work correctly. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • JazzMoJazzMo Bergen NHMember Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic

Everything seems to be set correct. Her de ices are recognized and appear in events, but she still is'officially' absent.

It is not the only thing that does not show up, gender is set for both of us, but it still states 'unknown'.

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,734
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    JazzMo said:

Everything seems to be set correct. Her de ices are recognized and appear in events, but she still is'officially' absent.

It is not the only thing that does not show up, gender is set for both of us, but it still states 'unknown'.

It seems like you have not set up a Presence for other user. 

A Personal Device in the Digital Presence feature is the device that most mirrors that person’s presence in the home.

A mobile phone, for example, will tend to be on that person 24/7, i.e. when they leave the house so does the phone. This device presence on the network therefore accurately represents when that person is in the home. An Xbox, on the other hand, is likely to stay in the home regardless of whether that person is in or not – this device does not mirror its owner’s presence in and out of the home as it may sit connected whilst the owner is away.

We recommend using a mobile phone as a Personal Device, but you may find a tablet or smartwatch represents that person better.

To select the PRESENCE Device, click on the user in the user carousel and then select Devices in the pop-up. Find the device you wish to turn into the PRESENCE device and click the CHANGE button on the right-hand side of the device. This will then give you the option to state that it always travels with that user. You will then see the CHANGE become PRESENCE.

Click Save in the top right-hand corner to save your new user.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • JazzMoJazzMo Bergen NHMember Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic

hi Robin, worked like a charm, thanks for the help. kind regards, Martin