FingBox not associated to account after network change

BoxmanBoxman Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
I moved to a new house and have not seen my FingBox in my account since then. I have no access to any of the controls/features. It is showing up in my network scan as online and the light ring is off.

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Boxman welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    The light on top of the Fingbox should be lit as long as it's receiving adequate power to do so.  First thing that I would do is move it to another outlet (removing all other cables for the time being) and plug it in there, see if the power light comes on.  Please ensure that you're using the correct power cable that came with the Fingbox device.
    If it doesn't power on then that would be the issue as to why you're not seeing it.  If it does power up, return it to the location where you had it, inserting the Ethernet cable as before and power test it again.  If light comes on but still have issues with the results, reset the device using the inset button near where the cables plug in and reset the device to factory defaults, and then setup.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • BoxmanBoxman Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    I should have been more specific. The light comes on white, then flashes blue, then goes off as I previously set it to not stay on. I was stating that because it is not orange, which would indicate no network connection. It's also showing as online when I scan the network from my phone, just not letting me access the FingBox settings.
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Then perform a factory reset on the Fingbox and walk through connecting it again like it's a brand new device on the network.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Boxman said:
    I should have been more specific. The light comes on white, then flashes blue, then goes off as I previously set it to not stay on. I was stating that because it is not orange, which would indicate no network connection. It's also showing as online when I scan the network from my phone, just not letting me access the FingBox settings.
    Blue LED means it is connected to Fing Account. Please DM me the MAC address of Fingbox and the Fing Account email address it is associated to verify the account and then you can activate it again as per your needs.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!