fing box blue lights flashing

MarcoPMarcoP Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
Hi my fing box blue lights are flashing. Normally I would receive a warning saying that a new device was added and once handled the flashing lights would go off. This time I cannot see any warning and lights keep flashing. Any suggestion? thanks

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,386
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    MarcoP said:
    Hi my fing box blue lights are flashing. Normally I would receive a warning saying that a new device was added and once handled the flashing lights would go off. This time I cannot see any warning and lights keep flashing. Any suggestion? thanks
    Thanks for your post. Can you check if during the same time some device has changed its status like Offline to Online and vice versa. or If any scheduled test is running on Fing App?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Marc
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,370
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MarcoP , see the below italicized text.  Might be relevant to your issue.

Blue Flashing LEDs 

The Blue flashing LEDs indicate that a new device is detected on the network. To resolve this, open the Fing App to recognize or block the device/s.

NOTE:  An issue that some users have experienced is where they advise that the Fingbox is flashing blue LEDs but they cannot resolve it. This is often due to user having a duplicate account i.e. 2 Fing accounts set up with separate e-mail addresses.
    Please ensure that you have logged into the correct account with the correct e-mail address, i.e. the account associated with the Fingbox. An easy way to confirm/check this is by opening the App. If there is a ‘People’ at the bottom of the display, this would suggest that you are logged into the account associated with a Fingbox. If there is an ‘Events’ tab, this would suggest that that account is not associated with a Fingbox.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • MarcoPMarcoP Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks a lot. I just went through clicking  each of my devices and the flashing stopped
    RobinMarc
  • Bill_RBill_R Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    "The Blue flashing LEDs indicate that a new device is detected on the network. To resolve this, open the Fing App to recognize or block the device/s."  How do you recognize or block the device? 
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,370
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Bill_R , it requires a Fingbox in order to block. Once you have one installed and registered to your account, that feature will appear in the mobile app.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Bill_RBill_R Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    I have a Fingbox, that’s why I’m seeing flashing blue lights.  I can’t attach it because it doesn’t have the green light. It goes straight to blue.  Actually, if I can’t attach it soon, it will go back to Amazon....
    admin
    Bill_R said:
    I have a Fingbox, that’s why I’m seeing flashing blue lights.  I can’t attach it because it doesn’t have the green light. It goes straight to blue.  Actually, if I can’t attach it soon, it will go back to Amazon....
    Ble LED means it is already activated on other Fing account. Can you please DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox so I can guide you?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 855
    500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @MarcoP, I have privately mailed you for more information in order to resolve your issue. Sincere apologies for the delay. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • KaulfurstKaulfurst Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    On the light chart, re: flashing blue lights - "Blue Pulsing/Half circles alternating New device detected: open Fing app to recognize or block them!"   Here's the problem, there are no new devices trying to attach to the system. It appears that Fing is trying to get me to buy Premium, since the explanation above does not apply.  Any ideas other than Fing is pushing me into a paid plan?
    admin
    Kaulfurst said:
    On the light chart, re: flashing blue lights - "Blue Pulsing/Half circles alternating New device detected: open Fing app to recognize or block them!"   Here's the problem, there are no new devices trying to attach to the system. It appears that Fing is trying to get me to buy Premium, since the explanation above does not apply.  Any ideas other than Fing is pushing me into a paid plan?
    Can you open your Fing app and then select your Fingbox network and the last tab will be NOTIFICATIONS tab and open it? If you see some notifications there then it is the reason for flashing. Also, can you show me the message where the Fing is pushing you for paid plan so I can investigate?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)