How can I reset my fingbox

Ramiro
Ramiro Member Posts: 2
First Comment
Hello, I have been using fing for a very long time and purchase a fingbox when it was introduced. I have not had any issues till now. I upgraded my network, but the fingbox did not update to the new network (note: I have upgraded the network before with no issues). During troubleshooting, I removed the fingbox from my account and was able to obtain the correct new network info with just the app; unfortunately, I cannot add the fingbox back to my account :). Based on my research it seems I need to request for the fingbox to be reset via this channel; but will need to provide fingbox MAC which I do not have. Fingbox is connected to my new network but it is not visible on it, no MAC label on fingbox. The light on the Fingbox is Orange and blinks twice every 4 seconds. 
kltaylor

Answers

• kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ramiro welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    Your Fingbox should have an 'inset button' located somewhere near where the Ethernet and power cable are.  You'd want to use something like a paper clip to push that in and hold it for about ten seconds.  The Fingbox should reset to defaults and connect to your network.  I'm  not aware of any issues with First Generation devices having an issue with any network environment, so please let us know what happens.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    CiaranFabry
  • Ramiro
    Ramiro Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Well shoot, I did not noticed the reset. That did it, fingbox back online. Thank you
    kltaylorCiaran
  • kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You're very welcome!  If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask!
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Ciaran