Search bar for IP Adresses?

Hi everyone, wondering if there is a way to identify or better yet search for IP addresses in your network. I have 2 networks in my home, also have 2 repeaters. The repeaters have doubled up my devices in the list. Not a huge deal, just that I have to spend a ton of time identifying what a device actually is by individually going in and viewing the ip address to see if there is a match. Is there a way to search on the app or desktop for an IP address to see what it is?

Tagged:
RobinRenosmusickltaylorSamcole18HappyChap
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Renosmusic welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    At present the Fing App does not have a search feature for IP address, however I concur that it would be a useful feature to add to the tool.  Let's tag @Robin and @Ciaran in here so that they can be made aware of the suggestion.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Renosmusic
  • RenosmusicRenosmusic Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    That would make it so much easier, thanks so much for the response!

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,696
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks for the suggestion @Renosmusic
    . I have voted for your idea and please make sure to upvote the initial post if other users want to get this implemented as well.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • RenosmusicRenosmusic Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    Awesome, thanks!
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in as well.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • HappyChapHappyChap Member, Beta Tester Posts: 19
    10 Comments 5 Agrees First Anniversary 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    Justing adding my Up Vote to this. Didn't realise we couldn't search for IP in the search bar. Just had a situation where I wanted to disconnect a particular machine but only had the IP address but no quick way to identify which machine it was.