Home broken into, can Fing show (if the burgers had cells on them now close to the router then were?

LattimearLattimear Member Posts: 3
Photogenic First Comment
I just want to be able to show the cops some Digital proof that four unknown devices were in very close proximity of the router during the tima of the break in, If this is possible Ould someone walk me through how to develop that reporting. 
Thank you very much
'W

Best Answer

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,171
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    @Lattimear , do you have a Fingbox?  You would need that for the Digital Fence feature which could have the Mac addresses of devices within range.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...

Answers

• LattimearLattimear Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    I do have the digital fence and I set the distance to 5 to 10 percent and I keep seeing the very same MAC ID but it was in extreme proximity to my house for weeks prior to the break in. Would you mind taking a look at what I can up with just so I can be certain I understand this correctly?
    Thank you
  • LattimearLattimear Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

I did have the digital fence up and running , a set the signal strength to the very lowest setting to Identify the individuals that were inside the home illegally vs everyone else outside trying to get them out. I narrowed down the time frames and I do see anonymized entries the fit the three individuals in question, all with separate time/date stamps complete with Mac Addresses. The ranges for all three entities are all 97% and all three MAC address involved In the incident have a ten to 14 day prior history of being 95 to 97 percent in range of my router but have always limited three stays to minutes on a consistent basis. I would like to learn more on how I can format this info in a manner that may help identify who these individuals are. Is there anyone that I can talk to about this?

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,171
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lattimear , before you go too far, you should find out from your law enforcement agency if they can even use it.  Especially in these crazy times, I don't know if they will be able to follow up or be able to utilize it with everything else going on.  In the interim make sure you have screenshots etc of the data in case it disappears just in case.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...