Too Many Amazon Fire TV Sticks

phil366637phil366637 Member Posts: 8
First Comment Photogenic
edited April 19 in Devices & Security
I only have one Fire TV Stick but my Fing network scans is showing 2. I can verify that one of them is correct by the IP address so that leaves one device that I don't know what it really is. The MAC address is  1C:12:B0:95:62:05 and Fing is labeling that as from Amazon but Fing is also saying that it's a Fire TV Stick. I wonder why Fing is putting that label on it. How I can I find that device in my house. The router tells me it's using the 5GHz WiFi band. I don't have a Fingbox. Would that help me find the device's location in my house?

Answers

• LeFlambeurLeFlambeur Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

Is it possible that you have connected the fire tv via Ethernet (direct wire connection) as well as Wi-Fi? If so you’ll see both connections Each with its own up and mac but still one device.

• phil366637phil366637 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic

Is it possible that you have connected the fire tv via Ethernet (direct wire connection) as well as Wi-Fi? If so you’ll see both connections Each with its own up and mac but still one device.

The Fire TV Stick 4K that I have is only wireless. I'm not using the optional Ethernet adapter.
  • MarkDMarkD Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    I use an app to enable Airplay screen sharing, and it generates a second FireTV device on my network. The uPnP section reports the server name for the app vendor, distinguishing it from Amazon.