Power loss, data still available?

EvilEvil Member Posts: 3
Name Dropper First Comment
I don’t have a fingbox, but have a question, if a fing box loses power, do you still have access to the data of recent digital presence?  Is this data pushed to the cloud relatively timely? How often does it sync?

Best Answer

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,348
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    @evil, same rules apply as above.  Depending on network size, 5 minutes for the smallest and up to 20 for the largest.  I have over 40 devices and its ~20 minutes for me...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,348
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Evil , Fing also has a web based app at fing.com.  if the fingbox is offline you should still see data per the list scan.  This data includes the recent events of a device as well as overall network logs.   As to how often is sync's, I found this thread....  

"The frequency of the scan is every 5-20 minutes based on the network size set on Fing App and any changes in state of devices."

For example as I write this, the last discovery time was 20 minutes behind real time and I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 devices.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • EvilEvil Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment
    @Marc, Thank you for the response.  I guess I also was wondering....if a 'bad actor' got close to the network/house and was detected and fing registered it as an event.  How quickly would the MAC address of their device sync to the cloud?