Google Home

JSSJSS Member Posts: 2
edited September 10 in Devices & Security

I have a home and my son a mini. I can control only the sound level from my app, how can I broadcast etc to the mini?

VioletChepil

Answers

• PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not got a Mini myself, that said, I did find this in the Verge's review of the mini 2 years ago.

If you want to use the Home Mini to primarily play music, you can wirelessly link it to a larger speaker for better audio quality. But it only supports Cast-enabled speakers, whether that’s built in or enabled by a connected Google Cast for Audio dongle, which is far more limiting than the Echo Dot’s Bluetooth or 3.5mm options. (You can use the Mini as a Bluetooth speaker for your phone or tablet, but it cannot connect to a larger speaker over Bluetooth as the Echo Dot can.)
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/11/16453788/google-home-mini-smart-speaker-review

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
  • KING_CRACKER78KING_CRACKER78 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭

do you have the mini added to your home? and set location in your settings? i.e frontroom etc you can broadcast from app and also just tell it "ok google" broadcast to frontroom rhen say what you want

PoohkltaylorLucas0123
  • kltaylorkltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭✭

do you have the mini added to your home? and set location in your settings? i.e frontroom etc you can broadcast from app and also just tell it "ok google" broadcast to frontroom rhen say what you want

Let us know if this worked for you.  Also please be sure that all of the connected devices are located on the same wireless network.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Lucas0123VioletChepil
  • JSSJSS Member Posts: 2

Yes but it’s under his account I suspect he is blocking me...

VioletChepil
    JSS said:

Well, that could be a possibility, as well. 
    JSS said:

Well, that could be a possibility, as well. 
    VioletChepil
  • KING_CRACKER78KING_CRACKER78 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭

ahh i see then best bet would be to use just one of accounts and then add your son on in settings you can also add his voice aswell

VioletChepil
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,474 admin
    @JSS please choose a BEST ANSWER so others know they can find an answer in this thread :)
    If you like one of course - otherwise we may ask others to chime in too. 

Community Manager at Fing