Wrong location on Internet Speed Test

EricT
EricT Member Posts: 2
First Comment
Dear Sirs,

For some odd reason, the Location on the app's Internet Speed Test displays "Athens, GR" (see image, below), when I am actually located in "Holon, IL".

To play it "safe", I checked on the Network / ISP tab the location, and it automatically places me within a block of my correct address, which is great!

So I would really appreciate someone solving this riddle for me: if the app places me in the correct location, why does the Speed Test (of the same Android app) show a location thousands of miles away, in a totally different Country?

Just in case: I am not using any VPN, and my router's DNS-es are 9.9.9.9 (IBM) & 8.8.8.8 (Google).

Thanks in advance for your effective attention to this matter,

Keep safe,

Eric

Tagged:

Comments

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @EricT

Thanks for your post. Can you verify if the time zone is set correctly or not on the Fing app. To do this, please go the web application of Fing i.e. https://app.fing.com/ . 
    From there follow the steps below: 

• Login to your Fing account with the registered e-mail address.

• Click on the ‘Avatar’ and then Click on Settings.

• From the Dropdown list of Time Zone, select your desired Time zone and Click ‘Save Settings’.

• Logout from your Mobile Application and then log back in again.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • EricT
    EricT Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Dear Robin,

Thanks for the very prompt reply.

Without me changing anything, the setting you suggested I should check read "Asia/Jerusalem", which is good enough for the purpose of our discussion (actually, I made a change now: that of the default language - set it to English).

Logged out and in into the app and ... "Athens, GR" came back :(

Any further suggestion will be most welcome.

Thanks,

Eric
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information @EricT
    As I got in touch with M-labs, because of Covid-19, there might be load on their servers which is resulting in running speed test from far locations. Can you make sure you have the location permissions enabled for Fing App?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!