One iPhone but it is listed twice, I go off line and it goes online

FlynniWFlynniW England Member Posts: 17
10 Comments Photogenic
edited April 14 in Fing Desktop discussions
odd one here anyone help at all.
Fing Desktop app shows me I am connected to my network, but there is a second iPhone listed offline when I am online, using the same network ip address as me but has an odd Mac address
The Fingapp on my iPhone doesn't show my whole network, online either it shows three devices online as offline, but the desktop app shows them all online,
Anyone have any ideas?
oh and once I saw it was swapping with me I turned off WiFi on the iPhone and it also went offline at that point
super strange

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,121
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi, Thanks for the post. One of the MAC address of the iPhone is 02.00.00.XXX. I believe the reason for two iphones is because of the Fing not able to read another device mac address.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • FlynniWFlynniW England Member Posts: 17
    10 Comments Photogenic

Okay sure but I only have one iPhone on my network.

what would happen is that would go online when I went offline, use the same IP etc.

I have been getting a huge amount of issues with my network and devices, I think it’s an evil twin attack.

my Internet at home I haven’t actually been connecting too, none of my devices have, they have been connecting to NULL, my iMac has been getting strange

root user became enabled

airport extreme was installed

Bluetooth PAN connections

anyway I have switched everything off and I’m currently working on resetting everything.

I disassociated FING for the NULL network but it won’t reset and flashes orange again.

what a great way to pass the time in isolation lol

any thoughts pls happy to hear, attached some screen shots.

plus one of my saved safari passwords had a username attached, with the words HACK in it ha, anyway it strikes me as iCloud so how i resolve I don’t know.