A Network Map to see everything?

NexxNexx Member, Beta Tester Posts: 11
5 Likes Photogenic Founder First Comment
✭✭✭
Are there any plans to add network map feature? 
It would be great to be able to see all devices on a map. 
How they are connected, whats connected/disconnected etc.
This would make troubleshooting much easier then having to look though a list of devices. 
 See screenshot below as example.  Thanks!
RobinNexxMirekmalTraciLucBpwmeekattzonkoTechieSophieEmailWhatathe28dlock3FigarooconanbRickT49creaturekltaylorAshrafGuyREric_CcjohlandtFabianZL4DCjwoods7947TazkikaOKCcryptoknightEverdstrohlPeter_GreenTurbo_AlienJor
32 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,073
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @Nexx
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have voted for your idea and please make sure to upvote the initial post if other users want to get this implemented as well.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    HorsemankltaylorNexxKcopcdocTuxwoodwind_alchemistCamobutterfly
  • LucBLucB Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    I really would like to have this option :)
    kltaylorNexxKcopcdocCamobutterfly
  • FigarooFigaroo Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    I think a vector graph instead of using heavy raster images would be ideal. That way, the map could easily be serialized/deserialied to and from any device.
    kltaylorTazkika
  • Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 144
    100 Comments 100 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    My network hardware currently has this option so I personally don't need Fing to offer it.
    Ciarankltaylor
  • ProTecKProTecK Member Posts: 37
    10 Comments 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Most consumer grade and small business network hardware wouldn't support this feature. Something like this would require all the devices to perform the mapping, it's not possible for a single device to do it Without input from the other network devices. I have seen software claim it can create these maps, but every one of them required somebody to manually move the detected devices into the proper location in the mapping software.
    CiarankltaylorUnknownjwoods7947
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,188
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG I remember using that application in the screenshot, and I just added +1 to the vote.  This would be huge, if for nothing else but that 'wow' factor.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    NexxKcopcdoc
  • blasterdaddyblasterdaddy Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    This is a great idea, i used to use the program the post shows a picture of.  Cant remember the name of it, but Linksys purchased them, and then Cisco purchased Linksys and gave some lame excuse for ending support of the application.  I still have the software laying around someplace, but the servers are all gone to authenticate it.  
    FING, yes please do this.  Desktop app is a step in the right direction.