Devices on my network

MrBMrB Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
I have an Orbi RBR50 and 1 satellite unit.   When I run the desktop fing, it does not show any units other than my PC, the ISP router, and the RBR50.   How do I get it to find the other devices in the house.    The initial connectivity doesn't even show my iPhone.  My IOS version shows 16 devices.

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MrB welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    First, please ensure that you have downloaded and installed the latest version of the Fing Desktop app.  Also please check your OS version and update that as well, as I know that there was an issue with iOS devices would automatically hide their IP and such from a SNMP (ping) request.
    If all of that works well, let's see if we can as @Robin for some assistance on this and ask for his input, he's amazing! =)
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • MrBMrB Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

Hi,

the desktop version was just installed today from your website (4/10).

my pc is on the latest version of Windows 10.

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    MrB said:

Hi,

the desktop version was just installed today from your website (4/10).

my pc is on the latest version of Windows 10.

Are all your devices connected to same access point as Windows devices. Fing Desktop can show devices which are connected to same access point or same frequency(2.4Ghz or 5Ghz)?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • MrBMrB Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

I have an Orbi RBK50 and 1 satellite. Those are the only devices that I have. There are no wi-fi extenders in the house. My PC is both Hardwired to the cable modem and wi-if connected to the network

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    MrB said:

I have an Orbi RBK50 and 1 satellite. Those are the only devices that I have. There are no wi-fi extenders in the house. My PC is both Hardwired to the cable modem and wi-if connected to the network

I think you just answered your own question with that description, if that's an accurate depiction of how you're connected.  If you have an Orbi set of devices as well as the modem/router from your ISP, plugging your computer via Ethernet to that device will only show that device listed when an SNMP request is issued.
    For proper setup, you will want to connect the Ethernet cable to the back of one of the Orbi wireless devices.  You will also need to contact your provider and ask them about 'bridging' the modem/router as you have your own 'router' to handle the connection now.
    Ethernet connection will prioritize itself over a wireless connection, so even if you are connected to the Orbi wireless, Ethernet would still be a dominant connection on that machine.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • jamzmjamzm Pittsburgh, PA, USAMember Posts: 113
    10 Comments First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    Hi folks.  Anyone know how i have 2 devices listed for my S9+?  One for the phone and another for Nougat.
    I used to be fat.
    admin
    Hi @jamzm
    It seems like it is detecting micro components from device as separate device. Can you delete the device from the list and then scan again to see if it comes back.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    jamzm
  • jamzmjamzm Pittsburgh, PA, USAMember Posts: 113
    10 Comments First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes
    ✭✭

Thanks, Robin. I replaced my router and most issues have been remedied. The android I thought was the phone turned out to be another device. Here's a screenshot now. Look okay?

I used to be fat.
    kltaylor
    admin
    Yes, It looks okay to me. If you need further help, please let me know @jamzm

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    kltaylor