FING DESKTOP - Release Notes Log

RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,363
100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
admin
edited May 18 in Release notes

Fing Desktop Version - 1.4.1  {18th May 2020} (NEW)
Release Notes:
    Device recognition :
    - It is now possible to use both the product name or Model number when searching for products in Fingpedia.
    - The app highlights better in the device detail page when recognition is not sharp and you can improve with the user input.
    - When sending hints for missing products, the app shows you possible matches before sending suggestions.

Fing Desktop Version - 1.4.0  {13th May 2020} 

Release Notes:
      New feature: Home - Home screen has been redesigned to provide an overview of connectivity health check together with network and ISP information.
      New feature: Device recognition - It is now possible to manually recognize devices: when Fing recognition is not sharp enough, you can manually provide brand and model of your devices.
      Bugfix: Network and device edit - Fixed editing of network and device details was broken sometimes.

Fing Desktop Version - 1.3.2 
      {23th April 2020}
      Release Notes:
      • NEW: openHAB - Device details and Insights report show information and shortcuts for openHAB integrations as well.
      • FIX: Notifications - Fixed unread notifications icon marker.
      • FIX: Health checks -Fixed and tuned health check refresh and notifications.

Fing Desktop Version - 1.3.1 
      {17th April 2020}
      Release Notes:
      • Fix: Business VPN - Fixed network discovery when connected to corporate/business VPN.
      • Fix: Screen - App screen remembers position and size.
      • Fix: Improved alerting engine - Fixed and tuned too reactive alerts when changing network or waking up from sleep.

Fing Desktop Version - 1.3.0 
      {9th April 2020}
      Release Notes:
      • New Overview view mode: Overview Mode called Summary is added along with Filters. Devices can be seen in an interactive summary overview of your network.
      • New Insight Section: Accessible from the bottom-right button when in Overview Mode providing interesting Insights about your devices.
      • Improved recognition engine: Recognition engine has been improved for sharper device type, brand, model and OS detection.
      • Release notes: Release notes and change history available from app information screen.

Fing Desktop Version - 1.2.0 
      {31th March 2020}
      Release Notes:
      •  NEW! Added Insight view mode to visualize and explore discovered network from a new angle.
      •  NEW! Device details show information and shortcuts for smart home features and integrations: IFTTT, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, HomeAssistant
      •  NEW! Green dots to mark online devices
      •  FIX: Shows additional IP addresses for devices in the table and in device details
      •  FIX: Shows also hostname when present, in device details

Fing Desktop Version - 1.1.0 
      {18th March 2020}
      Release Notes:
      • NEW! Mute warnings: it’s now possible to dismiss known/undesired warnings on specific networks.
      • NEW! Setting to disable automatic mark-as-read for notifications.
      • NEW! Detect more VPN’s: OpenVPN and Freedome
      • Fix: Windows channel and spectrum were sometimes not correct.

Fing Desktop Version - 1.0.0
      Release notes:
      • Official version 1.0.0 of Fing Desktop launched on Monday, 24th Feb
      • Added worldwide Internet outages page
      • Added brand logos and support shortcuts in device details view (for most popular brands)
      • Fixed wake up from sleep on Windows
      Robin (Admin at Fing)
      Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
      RobinAnthonyBAdd

Comments

• GregorydbGregorydb Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
        First Comment Photogenic
        Thank you for fing desktop for Mac.  Is there a way to print the device list? I use select and paste, did not see any export function
        Ciaran
      • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 855
        500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
        admin
        @Gregorydb, thank you for the feedback. This feature has been requested and is currently under consideration by our Product/Development team. Thanks again
        Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
        Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
      • JackalJackal Member Posts: 6
        Name Dropper First Comment
        Would it make sense to add a release date to the release notes?
        I think people would find it helpful.
        Robin
      • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,363
        admin
        Jackal said:
        Would it make sense to add a release date to the release notes?
        I think people would find it helpful.
        I will add the release note dates as well going forward. Thanks
        Robin (Admin at Fing)
        Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
      • JackalJackal Member Posts: 6
        Name Dropper First Comment
        great man! Thanks
      • HarrySHarryS Member, Beta Tester Posts: 5
        First Comment Photogenic
        Can you please let me know what exactly "NEW: openHAB - Device details and Insights report show information and shortcuts for openHAB integrations as well." means? I'm familiar with openHAB.
        admin
        HarryS said:
        Can you please let me know what exactly "NEW: openHAB - Device details and Insights report show information and shortcuts for openHAB integrations as well." means? I'm familiar with openHAB.
        Fing desktop is not showing if you have those openHAB devices, but it’s marking devices that are compatible with those. It’s about device capabilities, not actual installation or configuration of your network.
        Robin (Admin at Fing)
      • HarrySHarryS Member, Beta Tester Posts: 5
        First Comment Photogenic
        O.k., I see it for Netatmo and Shelly devices. But not for AVM devices (which have a binding into openHAB too). I hope this references are not hand maintained for openHAB? Otherwise the maintainer is doomed to update this every month. :-)
      • gurkgurk Member Posts: 4
        First Comment Photogenic
        Fing Admins: Could you please release a Dark version of your desktop app, this white theme is very stressful on eyes.
        Thanks.
        admin
        gurk said:
        Fing Admins: Could you please release a Dark version of your desktop app, this white theme is very stressful on eyes.
        Thanks.
        @gurk
        Can you create a new post as Idea under Fing Desktop Ideas category so we can take this suggestion to our developers for review? Thanks
        Robin (Admin at Fing)
        gurk
      • gurkgurk Member Posts: 4
        First Comment Photogenic
        Sure Sir, will do.
        Robin
      • SECSEC Member Posts: 18
        10 Comments Photogenic
        My desktop has 1.4. Now there's v1.4.1  and my "orphan" laptop is still at 1.3.2 or some such. Maybe that's a good thing since I'm reading a few negatives for 1.4. Anyway, why hasn't my laptop updated? Better still why not include a manual update option for the user. So she/he can decide?
        admin
        SEC said:
        My desktop has 1.4. Now there's v1.4.1  and my "orphan" laptop is still at 1.3.2 or some such. Maybe that's a good thing since I'm reading a few negatives for 1.4. Anyway, why hasn't my laptop updated? Better still why not include a manual update option for the user. So she/he can decide?
        I will pass on your feedback to our developers for consideration. In meantime, you can either download a new version and then overwrite the existing version and update. Thanks
        Robin (Admin at Fing)
      • FerlautoFerlauto White Plains, NYMember Posts: 51
        25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer 5 Agrees
        ✭✭✭
        Thank you.  Very much enjoying Fing Desktop on my iMac.  Is there a timeline for full feature parity with the mobile apps?
        Ciaran