FING DESKTOP - Release Notes Log (upto SEPT 2021)
Fing Desktop 2.7.0 (Sept 2021)Release Notes:
- Track Presence of users(NEW): Define network users, track when they are at home and away, and get notified when somebody arrives or leaves home.
- Improved Security Tab(NEW)
Fing Desktop 2.6.0 (Apr 2021)Release Notes:
Fing Desktop 2.5.1 (Mar 2021)Release Notes:
Fing Desktop 2.5.0 (Mar 2021)Release Notes:
Fing Desktop 2.4.1 (Dec 2020)Release Notes:
Fing Desktop 2.3.1 (Oct 2020)Release Notes:
Fing Desktop 2.3.0 (Sep 2020)Release Notes:
Fing Desktop 2.2.2 (Sep 2020)Release Notes:
Fing Desktop 2.2.1 (Aug 2020)Release Notes:
Fing Desktop 2.2.0 (Aug 2020)Release Notes:
Fing Desktop 2.1.0 (27th July 2020)
- New device types: Added new device types: Security System, VoIP, Conferencing,
- Wi-Fi Scan: Added Wireless spectrum heatmap in Wi-Fi Scan.
- Security: Added Security the section in network details: an overview of intruder detection and acknowledgment of known devices.
- Discovery fix: Fixed very rare Bonjour loop in the network engine, causing network noise during network discovery.
Fing Desktop 2.0.0 (20th Jun 2020)Release Notes:
A completely new toolset(New): Ping, Port Scan, DNS Lookup, Traceroute, Wake On LAN, DHCP Discovery, Wi-Fi Scan. All your favorite Fing App tools are now also on Fing Desktop, awesome!
Router security (Premium): Router Vulnerability Detection to check and close ports left open by game consoles, video chats and the like.
Network monitoring(Premium): Monitoring: continuous network monitoring, with timeline of network events.
More Health Checks(Premium): Premium Health checks, including verification of your own custom web targets.
Network Export(Premium): Full export to XLS of network info, devices and events.
Scan different interfaces(Premium): Ability to scan via specific network interface, e.g. via Ethernet or via WiFi.
Local API for integration(Premium): Local API to unlock the content for all your integrations.
Fing Desktop 1.4.1 (18th May 2020)Release Notes:
- It is now possible to use both the product name or Model number when searching for products in Fingpedia.
- The app highlights better in the device detail page when recognition is not sharp and you can improve with the user input.
- When sending hints for missing products, the app shows you possible matches before sending suggestions.
Fing Desktop 1.4.0 (13th May 2020)Release Notes:
New feature: Device recognition - It is now possible to manually recognize devices: when Fing recognition is not sharp enough, you can manually provide brand and model of your devices.
Bugfix: Network and device edit - Fixed editing of network and device details was broken sometimes.
Fing Desktop 1.3.2 (23th Apr 2020)Release Notes:
- NEW: openHAB - Device details and Insights report show information and shortcuts for openHAB integrations as well.
- FIX: Notifications - Fixed unread notifications icon marker.
- FIX: Health checks -Fixed and tuned health check refresh and notifications.
Fing Desktop 1.3.1 (17th Apr 2020)Release Notes:
- Fix: Business VPN - Fixed network discovery when connected to corporate/business VPN.
- Fix: Screen - App screen remembers position and size.
- Fix: Improved alerting engine - Fixed and tuned too reactive alerts when changing network or waking up from sleep.
Fing Desktop 1.3.0 (9th Apr 2020)Release Notes:
- New Overview view mode: Overview Mode called Summary is added along with Filters. Devices can be seen in an interactive summary overview of your network.
- New Insight Section: Accessible from the bottom-right button when in Overview Mode providing interesting Insights about your devices.
- Improved recognition engine: Recognition engine has been improved for sharper device type, brand, model and OS detection.
- Release notes: Release notes and change history available from app information screen.
Fing Desktop 1.2.0 (31th Mar 2020)Release Notes:
- NEW! Added Insight view mode to visualize and explore discovered network from a new angle.
- NEW! Device details show information and shortcuts for smart home features and integrations: IFTTT, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, HomeAssistant
- NEW! Green dots to mark online devices
- FIX: Shows additional IP addresses for devices in the table and in device details
- FIX: Shows also hostname when present, in device details
Fing Desktop 1.1.0 (18th Mar 2020)Release Notes:
- NEW! Mute warnings: it’s now possible to dismiss known/undesired warnings on specific networks.
- NEW! Setting to disable automatic mark-as-read for notifications.
- NEW! Detect more VPN’s: OpenVPN and Freedome
- Fix: Windows channel and spectrum were sometimes not correct.
Fing Desktop 1.0.0Release notes:
- Official version 1.0.0 of Fing Desktop launched on Monday, 24th Feb
- Added worldwide Internet outages page
- Added brand logos and support shortcuts in device details view (for most popular brands)
- Fixed wake up from sleep on Windows
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
- 5.2K All Categories
- 2.7K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 984 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 107 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 39 Network Infrastructure
- 4.8K Ask about Fing
- 485 Fing Account Change Request
- 980 Fing Desktop
- 1.2K Fing App
- 1.5K Fingbox
- 475 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 151 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 12 Community User Guides