How do I find MAC address for Lenovo Smart Clock

PunPun Member Posts: 2
Name Dropper First Comment

Hi neither the Fing app nor the google home app display the MAC address for the Lenovo Smart Clock (not the display or the watch).

I am trying to filter my home wifi by specified Mac addresses only and hence need it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,370
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pun, if Fing can't pull it in for some reason, some devices print their Mac addresses on the device itself or somewhere on one of the setting screens on the device.  if you still have the box it came in, you can often find it on the same sticker that has the serial number on the box.  Now if none of those work, I found this on an help site....

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • PunPun Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment

@Marc thanks for such a detailed response. I did check. The device and the box, but it doesn't list the MAC address. Even the Google Home app, while it lists the IP address, system firmware version and cast firmware version, it doesnt list MAC address. I also checked the box panel in which it came . This has the Lenovo model no, serial no, FRU, FCC ID, IC, EAN Code and UPC Code, but no MAC address sadly. Wonder if its possible for a device not to have a MAC address

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If its on a network, it definitely has one.  For the life of me I have no idea why they make it so hard to find...
  • pdalypdaly Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic

I think you may be able to find the MAC address in the router administrative interface. Look for a section of the router interface that lists clients, locate the IP address of the clock and see if the router interface shows the MAC address for that client. In my case the TP-LINK router shows the client MAC in both the web interface and in the Tether app. Your router will hopefully show this information somewhere.

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Still looking...  I found this , which makes no sense and it’s Lenovo’s official response.  I don’t think you can connect to a network without this identifier??