Fingbox Installation

OKCOKC Member, Beta Tester Posts: 62
5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes
✭✭
s far as I can tell all of Fing Desktop files are stored in program files of my Win10-64 machine. After opening it and shutting the computer down a couple of times, it no longer works. I try to run as Admin and it just drops off. I always have to reinstall to make it work. I have deleted it and back to using my browser

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,651
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @OKC, trying to sort this out. Is your question related to the Fingbox appliance or the FingDesktop?  I ask this because your title states Fingbox while your question relates to the desktop app.  Please note the desktop app can not report on nor control a Fingbox.  For that you can only use the mobile app or web based app.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,828
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    OKC said:
    s far as I can tell all of Fing Desktop files are stored in program files of my Win10-64 machine. After opening it and shutting the computer down a couple of times, it no longer works. I try to run as Admin and it just drops off. I always have to reinstall to make it work. I have deleted it and back to using my browser
    Have you checked under System Tray if the Fing app is still open there? From there you can open or maximize the app. To disable the Minimize to tray option, you can click on the Fing Dekstop version which will bring you the Preferences option to disable/enable the feature.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • OKCOKC Member, Beta Tester Posts: 62
    5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    I am using a win10/64. I had a shortcut to fing on the desktop screen. I also had fing in the start menu. I start very few things from systray, so I don't know if it was there. When trying to start, I would even try to start as administrator.  If I saved the installer, I could run that and it would work. However, its faster to just log-on with a browser.  I don't feel like I am missing out on any options, it seems to be identical to the desktop app. I have responded through the support email that I received.
    Thank You.
    PS: There is no rush on this, I'm not missing out on anything.