Parallels VM 'not in network' but accessable

apt
apt Member Posts: 9
25 Agrees 5 Awesomes 5 Likes First Answer
✭✭
edited March 28, 2020 in Fing Desktop #1
Hi, I have 2 Macs on my network both running Parallels Virtual Machines (Ubuntu) 1 of the virtual machines appears fine in Fing and I can see the IP and all the relevant details, The other Mac running the VM I can see the DHCP name but not the IP as it show as 'not in the network' and appears 'greys out' even those I have accepted it.  I can access both VM's from there DCHP name and IP address however.  The only difference between the two Mac hosts is that one has a wired connection the other wireless.

Any ideas why Fing won't show the IP or why its saying the device in not in the network?

Comments

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @apt
    Can you share some screenshots for isolating the issue? Also, the device saying not in network is from wired connection or Wireless?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • apt
    apt Member Posts: 9
    25 Agrees 5 Awesomes 5 Likes First Answer
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your reply. With the most recent update of Fing for desktop (1.2.0) I can see the ip for the VM is is showing as an 'additional ip' on the host machine, still no hostname listed however.  As you can see below I can see both host machines Mac-Mini (Wifi) and Mac-Hack-Mini (Wired) on the network and a separate VM (mac-hack-mini-vm).  The other VM (mac-mini-puvm) however does not appear with a separate IP.

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @apt
    Can you recheck with our latest version 1.3.0 if the issue persists?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!