I've just scanned my network and both my iPhone and I pad have no pings at all. Is that dodgy

_bobo79_bobo79 Member Posts: 2
First Comment

I'm not savy with any of this like pings and port's and stuff. I'm wanting to know if it's dodgy because all the other devices have pings etc. Also the apple tech has lots of hops like 20 plus

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 847
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    Hi @_bobo79, welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question!
    Just with the information that you have provided, and the fact that I am not a "fan" of iOS devices, I believe that it could be an issue where they do not allow ping responses by default.
    May want to have @Robin weigh in on this with me, since I only have an iPad here and don't like to use it much because of its "proprietary" "security" that's "built in" to their OS.  It won't even allow me to add an extension to Firefox <mumble grumble>.
    Maybe someone else who has more hands-on experience with iOS devices can assist here with us as well.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    exosec
  • _bobo79_bobo79 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Thanks ever so much for the fast response. You've put my mind at rest for the most part. Apple are a funny bunch and I'm pretry much at the end of my time with them now. Stay safe and I'm sure we will speak again at some stage once I have more novice questions to ask .

kltaylor
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 847
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're quite welcome, @_bobo79, glad to be of assistance.  Please feel free to ask whatever questions that you have, we're here to help and it doesn't have to be Fing-exclusive.
    Besides, it keeps us techies with something to do while the walls slowly close in around us. =)
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain