Why Fing Desktop use GPU

Antonio36996Antonio36996 Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
I've noticed that Fing Desktop is using around 6% of my GPU while it's running in background, why?

Best Answers

• RobinRobin Posts: 1,719
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Antonio36996
    I am seeking further advice from our developers and once I have an update I will let you know. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • RobinRobin Posts: 1,719
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi All,
    I have got in touch with our developers and I would like to share that GPU is used seamlessly by our UI framework to render pages and graphics. Thanks again for your post
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Antonio36996

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 705
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

I hadn't noticed much background usage of any sort but the foreground CPU usage was very noticeable.

Is Fing Desktop GPU accelerated @Robin ?

• 7hor7hor Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 29
    When Fing is running minimized, background usage of GPU runs very high on my system - up to 100%, sometimes even freezing other GPU intensive applications like video-conferences and along with it the whole system. It gets better when Fing is running in window-mode.

Fing is a nice pice of software but I cannot have it shutting down the performance of my overall system. Is there a workaround against that or do we have to wait until the developers have fixed the bug?

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 1,719
    admin
    7hor said:
    When Fing is running minimized, background usage of GPU runs very high on my system - up to 100%, sometimes even freezing other GPU intensive applications like video-conferences and along with it the whole system. It gets better when Fing is running in window-mode.

Fing is a nice pice of software but I cannot have it shutting down the performance of my overall system. Is there a workaround against that or do we have to wait until the developers have fixed the bug?

I will take this to our developers for investigation. The usage should never be this high. I will get back to you once I have an update. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 1,719
    admin
    Hi @7hor
    Can you please check what happens when you closes the UI (right click on tray icon and ‘Close’)?
    In that case, the whole UI will be closed and only the service will keep running (and doing almost nothing). If GPU and CPU go to 0%, then it’s something to be investigated on UI, if not, it’s on the service side.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)