Spectrum's average speed is 84mps

Gidster
Gidster London, UKMember Posts: 224
100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
✭✭✭
edited July 12, 2019 in Spectrum #1

As of 11th July 2019 the Fing ISP scoreboard placed Spectrum 10th place in the US in terms of speed and 8th place in terms of ratings provided by app users. 

With an average download speed of 83.8mbps and 10.8mbps upload speed, it has achieved a Fing speed rating of 2.4 out of 5. On average, Fing app users have rated it 3 out of 5 stars, with around 43% of users giving it a 4 or 5 star rating but 24% only 1 star. This rating puts Spectrum in the top 40% in the US.

Between 4th April and July 11th July 2019, the Fing Outage Detector registered 57 outages across the US for Spectrum, 8 of them moderate to critical.

Are you or have you been a Spectrum user? Is it better or worse where you live? Do you think this is a fair assessment? Why have so many app user's given Spectrum a one star rating?
Head of Product at Fing
Lee_Bo

Comments

• Lee_Bo
    Lee_Bo Member Posts: 271
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've been with them since it was Charter.  I had one of the first cable modems in the area.
    Fast forward a number of years and we cut the cord and have Spectrum for internet only.  We have the 200 meg plan and usually get 185 regularly.  We also have 4 adults on the house and all 4 of them have smart phones, tablets, Apple TV's, etc.  So far Spectrum has been ok but there are times I can't even get 100 meg download, and these are odd times of the day.  My biggest complaint with them is the inconsistency of network speeds.  But it's also the only one in the area offering that speed for $65/month. 
    GidsterdTrick
  • dTrick
    dTrick Member, Beta Tester Posts: 5
    5 Likes Founder Photogenic First Comment
    ✭✭
    Spectrum and some other US based ISPs are very large and have many operating companies that sometimes originated through mergers and acquisitions. So it may not always make sense to group all of Spectrum into 1 statistic and compare to like a regional ISP like BT.

Spectrum uses different pricing in different regions and different backbones so maybe it would make sense to track these large ISPs per their regional operations company.

I am under the Spectrum southern California region and pay $45 for 100/10mb and get 120/11mb consistently...