Why does chrome tell me site is not encrypted and how did this happen?

W_T_FW_T_F On EarthMember Posts: 33
10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic

What happened was last night I unplugged my router and plugged it back in today. I'm lost!

Also, router firewall showing attempts by?? I can post screenshot when I return.

I'm not asking for a fast answer because I have to leave for quite a few hours but am hoping by the time I get back someone will educate me!

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,785
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Grammie_SueXs3
    Thanks for your post. As I can see from your screenshot, You are accessing your router page and that router page is showing a non-encrypted page. Is that right? In this scenario, I would advise having a conversation with your ISP and then if you want to reset router password you can do that. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• W_T_FW_T_F On EarthMember Posts: 33

My thoughts are to just reset to factory and start anew. I don't think it's an intruder.

If I don't get any advice I will go ahead and start over. I do think it was my bad.

• W_T_FW_T_F On EarthMember Posts: 33
    edited April 2020

@Robin Hi, I'm still working with the same issue due to my landlord procrastinating! She won't give me access to ISP & I believe she hasn't called them about this matter.

My question is....what can I do to feel safer, while in the meantime I urge her to get to business! Lol

Should I just shut it down or keep a close eye?

Thanks for any advice on this!

Never mind! As soon as I posted this, all new equipment showed up at the front door! I take back calling my landlord a procrastinator! Lol If I have any issues, I'll be back!

No need to answer!

Have a great day, keep safe and keep well!

Robin