WHY does my fingbox see IP xxx.xxx.xxx.249 and 250 but my ASUS Router does not.?

Folks... am puzzled. I have 2 line amplifiers on .249 and.250  My fingbox sees them.. I can ping them, kiss them, cuddle them, you name it... but my ASUS router, to which they are connected ,and which the Fingbox monitors does not show them. Its driving me mad ! Any one any ideas ???
Albert
Tagged:

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 892
    500 Likes 50 Answers 500 Comments 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Albert, are those static addressed?  Some routers maintain 2 lists of devices, one DHCP and the other with everything.  Could yours be only showing DHCP devices if they are static mapped?  Also, is the IP address range for the router set to cover a large enough to cover a .249 and .250 address?  
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Albert
  • AlbertAlbert Member Posts: 77
    25 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited March 22
    @Marc good points. The sub net mask goes to 255 should thus be ok..... BUT YES, the addresses are STATIC... MAC and IP linked.
    But..... I have nearly everything on the LAN as static addresses...( the RT88U allows  a max of 64 linked addresses.)  it makes me wonder why only these two .249 and .250 are not showing.
    The last address in the router table is my NAS at .247 and BOTH the Asus (RT88U) admin console and the Asus Router Phone app show this behavior. I seem to recall, long ago and far away, that this wasn't always the case and they used to show up.  The NETSYS units are vital to me Marc as they are pushing the DVR Signal over 150 meters of Cat5e. They have been running nonstop for at least 8+ years 24/7. It isn't a critical point Marc.... but  it puzzles me. The desktop Fing app shows them too but since the Fingbox and the Fing app get their data from the same source  That stands to reason.  One thing I need to check if the incoming line is going thru a switch. I do not think so... but will check this. I have a Netgear switch on order, the 10 port one with semi managed admin and 2 10G ports.   Marc.... have you ever set up a VLAN ?  It is time that I make an effort to break out the CCTV kit from the main LAN. Never done it and my current small 8 port TP LINK switch does not allow it. I very reluctantly ordered the Netgeat unit.... (paid for it myself, like I do for all the Kit here). am addicted to TP LINK... NEVER had one of their units fail on me.. while I have had Netgear stuff die on me. If you are good at VLANS... I will come a knocking on yr door if I may?

Finally.. we are in neck deep shit here. I have 3 part time staff but am running out of money to pay their wages.. Due to COVID19 We had to close our small charity shop which keeps us alive. It is run by volunteers but the lady is diabetic and her husband is on chemo for cancer... I truly had no choice.  I am running a GoFundMe campaign but that will only buy me another month. So... I've very little time for the Forum.... the animals will always come first. Am down to 3 hot meals a week.... doing a full unpaid 100 hr week at 75 is no longer a lot of fun. ( sorry about the moan... but it explains why I had to massively curtail being on here)
    Marc... take care. Stay safe... keep well.  @rooted @Ciaran @Wuratoo99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the DHCP range, could you be accidentally overlapping your address pool for DHCP with your static used addresses?  If it is, that does wonky things..  If you’ve enabled DHCP, make sure the range on the tp-link console is limited to just those addresses that are not static.  From what I can read for your brand, it’s a simple setting on the admin screen to change the scope. Apologies if your Aware of this already,  I’m just trying to eliminate reasons why those addresses are being ignored. 

✭✭✭✭✭
    @Albert,  i can’t imagine what your going through.  I’ve seen my local shelter, north shore animal league, sending funding pleas as well..  @Ciaran or @Robin, any policies against Albert posting his gofundme link?  We would understand if there is, just seeing if he can use this forum for help...
    Albert
  • AlbertAlbert Member Posts: 77
    25 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited March 22
    @Marc thank you. Yes, it would help, I hope, but it would set a precedent and I am sure would go against Fing Forum Policy.
    Marc, we run a veterinary guided non-euthanasia policy here since October 2000. It is the reason the Cork ACS came into being. However... it means murderous vet bills and costs.. my electricity bill in the last month hit over 1000 dollars as all our enclosures are heated. we have been known to spend thousands on an animal if the Vet could  assure us that the quality of life of the animal would be good and not compromised. This last winter has brought us almost to our knees, 3 bad storms in 3 weeks, and never never ending rain. It was sheer misery. But.... today.... the sun is shining, i had almost forgotten would that yellow thing looked like. We are down to "only" 122 animals, but even that number represents an enormous never ending workload. If I have to let the girls go.... disaster will strike.
    Anyway... thank you for your support, it is more appreciated than I can ever hope to express in this simple msg. And than to think that the only reason I found time to get here is that Storm Ciara  landed me with broken ribs ! Don't they say that there is always a silver lining ?????
    Will look at the router DHCP setting, I know it is set to on at this moment.