New Feature Request: Clearly identify access points

VABelleVABelle Member Posts: 70
10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
✭✭
edited March 2020 in Fingbox feature requests

On the screen where it says how many access points are being protected, enable a list showing what they are.

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,391
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @VABelle
    Thanks for your post. We have already implemented the feature to check the Access points(BSSID). Every router has multiple network interface cards which is the reason, routers are able to provide multiple frequencies(2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz). These are different access points which has their own MAC address(BSSID). I believe you have added some access points from other network to your network for Wifi Intruion Protection. You can verify this by checking the MAC address of the Access points(BSSID). 

Please follow these steps:  
    1. Open the Fing App  
    2. Click on the Network Tab  
    3. Click on the Network Details section(This is the directly under your network name)  
    4. Scroll down and locate the Access Point Section  
    5. You will be able to see the BSSID.  

If the BSSID has first 6 digits same as Gateway SSID then it is the same device. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • VABelleVABelle Member Posts: 70
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I found where the BSSID numbers are shown. For some reason I thought they'd be on the same screen as shown above. I have identified every device in my home and continue to see BSSID #s that are not identifiable, plus still having trouble getting my Fingbox to connect to MY network. It keeps saying:

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,391
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @VABelle
    I have sent you a personal message. Please reply there directly as I might further information to investigate this. Thanks.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
This discussion has been closed.