Fing Desktop - NEW RELEASE Version 1.1.0

CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 823
500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
admin

Hi All,
Today we have released a new version of Fing Desktop, Version 1.1.0. The new release includes:
  • NEW! Mute warnings: it’s now possible to dismiss known/undesired warnings on specific networks.
  • NEW! Setting to disable automatic mark-as-read for notifications.
  • NEW! Detect more VPN’s: OpenVPN and Freedome
  • Fix: Windows channel and spectrum were sometimes not correct.
Thanks,
Ciaran, Robin & all the Fing team
Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
RobinCarlo_from_FingSteveGMSierra1MarcGiux_from_FingDoneBryant楽sidelmannsolorrayredfireLisaC

Comments

• FabianFabian Member, Beta Tester Posts: 35
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited March 18
    FWIW, I did not get the usual notification of this release.  But after quitting out of the app, and relaunching, I do have 1.1.0.
  • mikejlevymikejlevy Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Same issue as previous version: will not let me click on the Sign In button, yet I can click on the dots for the feature highlights, so it's not as if the program is frozen.
  • crishogcrishog Member Posts: 11
    Photogenic First Comment
    Downloaded the new version automatically & got "something went wrong". Followed the advice, uninstalled & booted, installed new version - same thing. Downloaded again & repeated the steps, but the same result. My Fing desktop is now dead
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,094
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    crishog said:
    Downloaded the new version automatically & got "something went wrong". Followed the advice, uninstalled & booted, installed new version - same thing. Downloaded again & repeated the steps, but the same result. My Fing desktop is now dead
    Can you share the screenshot of the error so I can guide you better?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • crishogcrishog Member Posts: 11
    Photogenic First Comment

And Fing says I'm not connected to a LAN or the Internet - that is on the machine which I'm typing this message
  • AnthonyBAnthonyB Member Posts: 21
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited March 19
    My 1.0.1 install prompted that there was a 1.1.0 update available, downloaded it, installed it, and I'm still running 1.0.1.
    And it keeps doing this over and over.
    The Fing setup dialog says 1.1.0 on it, and when I check the C:\Program Files\Fing folder, some of the files have today's date stamp (libEGL.dll, libGLESv2.dll, snapshot_blob.bin, Uninstall Fing.exe) but the fing.exe is still v1.0.1.
    I ended up having to uninstall, delete all the files and folders left behind at C:\Program Files\Fing, and then install a fresh download of v1.1.0.
    Up and running again!

Bryant楽
  • GerryGerry Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 29
    My WIFI Connectivity views:
    WiFi signal at 1%
    2.4 GHz
    Channel

My Network 2.4 / 5 GHz with same SSID:
    1 Master Router Fritzbox7490
    1 IP Router Fritzbox7590 / WLAN connection to Master Router FB7490
    1 Repeater Fritz 1750E / WLAN connection to FB7590
    1 Repeater Fritz 3000 / WLAN connection to Master Router FB7490

Why is the WIFI signal at 1%  ? This misbehaviour is since update to Vers. 1.1.0
    Measured signal strength is:

• WatcherWatcher Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    hi Carlo, 
    the “mute notification” feature rocks. So pleased! 
  • RR_guyRR_guy Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    Might consider adding a print button to the device page - that way you can print list with specifics. 
    BitPull
  • MikeRubinMikeRubin Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Seems to install okay, but. often, nothing happens when I first click on it.  Using CTRL+ALT+DEL shows an instance running for each time I click on the app icon, but I have to kill those instances before I can run it again.
    Bryant楽
    admin
    MikeRubin said:
    Seems to install okay, but. often, nothing happens when I first click on it.  Using CTRL+ALT+DEL shows an instance running for each time I click on the app icon, but I have to kill those instances before I can run it again.
    Have you checked under System Tray if the Fing app is still open there? From there you can open or maximize the app. To disable the Minimize to tray option, you can click on the Fing Dekstop version which will bring you the Preferences option to disable/enable the feature.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • MikeRubinMikeRubin Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Robin said:
    MikeRubin said:
    Have you checked under System Tray if the Fing app is still open there? From there you can open or maximize the app. To disable the Minimize to tray option, you can click on the Fing Dekstop version which will bring you the Preferences option to disable/enable the feature.
    Thank you, Robin.  Found the system tray widget, which does bring up the app on the screen.  
    RobinBryant楽
    admin
    BitPull said:
    RR_guy said:
    Might consider adding a print button to the device page - that way you can print list with specifics. 
    Very good idea!!!
    In another comment I found the complaint, that Wifi shows only 1% since the last firmware update.  I have exactly the same problem even though my FingBox stands right beside the Fritz!Box and my laptop is just 3m away. WiFi works fine, also for all other WiFi-devices.
    After I discovered this strange behaviour, I just replaced my FingBox V.1 by the V..2-model. Still the same 1%. Obviously a software-bug.

Can you share the screenshot of the Wifi Signal which you are referring to? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • coolbeans2016coolbeans2016 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    OK, checked all other comments, do not see this particular problem I'm asking off discussed...
    Fing desktop, 1.0 & 1.1.0, neither will let me get past signin using Google's click & my account.
    Works on the website, android, not on my Asus VivoBook Flip 15 TP510US RH31T WITH 16GB RAM, i5....
    Only install since owning notebook that has done this.
    Any thoughts.....?
    slc
  • Mike_DuncanMike_Duncan Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Fing Desktop 1.1.0 popped-up the following Error Window when Fing Desktop was running in background, but I was not doing any activity in the Fing realm. Thought you would like to know.

Regards, Mike
    Mike Duncan, Retired IT Manager

• KEMKEM KansasMember, Beta Tester Posts: 14
    10 Comments Photogenic
    I have tried to use almost all of the versions of Fing Desktop for Windows.  I haven't been able to log in to it ever.  I've tried both methods listed on the login with no success.  I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled Fing Desktop.  It simply does not work.  Why doesn't the app just have a login on the opening screen instead of this browser/clipboard mess.  Can anyone tell me how to make the desktop app work?  The iOS apps work perfectly on my iPad and iPhone. 

PLEASE HELP! - Thanks! - KEM
    admin
    KEM said:
    I have tried to use almost all of the versions of Fing Desktop for Windows.  I haven't been able to log in to it ever.  I've tried both methods listed on the login with no success.  I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled Fing Desktop.  It simply does not work.  Why doesn't the app just have a login on the opening screen instead of this browser/clipboard mess.  Can anyone tell me how to make the desktop app work?  The iOS apps work perfectly on my iPad and iPhone. 

PLEASE HELP! - Thanks! - KEM
    Can you share the screenshot of the error so I can guide you better?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • KEMKEM KansasMember, Beta Tester Posts: 14
    10 Comments Photogenic

I will install 1.2.0 and send the screenshot but it is the standard authorization failed message.