Fingbox seems to be dead

LThornswoodLThornswood Member Posts: 3
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

My fingbox cannot be seen on the network. When I power it on, I get a few flickers of network activity in the Ethernet Port LEDs, then those stop and there's no activity on either the fingbox or router LEDs for that connection. I've tried multiple cables and even connected to a gig switch, but I still get nothing. Did a reset and allowed factory firmware to load. Fingbox still doesn't show up. White LED is showing on the FingBox.

Any ideas? Is it bricked?

thermopyl

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 812
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Since the white LED is showing the hardware should still be working.

Could you try rebooting your router? If that doesn't work go ahead and remove and reinsert the Fingbox power cable one more time.

When you say you tried multiple cables, do you mean LAN cables or USB power cables?

• thermopylthermopyl Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    I have the same issue. When i power cycle i see a white light, but it never reappears on the network. I've rebooted the router, reset the fingbox but it doesn't reappear. i have version 1. what do i do pls?
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @LThornswood & @thermopyl, I am sending you private mails to get more information off of you to investigate further (e.g. MAC addresses, e-mail address associated etc.) Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    thermopyl
  • thermopylthermopyl Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks Ciaran - just responded over mail
  • LThornswoodLThornswood Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Hey @rooted I did reboot router, and I did try unplugging and replugging network and power cables. I did try different network and power cables.
    Still same behavior -- just white light on top.
This discussion has been closed.