what to do if reset button is broken?

iWallyGiWallyG Member Posts: 2
First Comment
I owned my Fingbox for a couple of years now and love it. I changed the router in my home and for some reason the Fingbox was blocking it. I tried to rest the Fingbox and while pressing lightly, the paper clip goes all the way in as if the reset button is broken. Is there any other way to rest the Fingbox?

Best Answer

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    In order to reset, you need to contact us. You can DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox along with the screenshot of the Fingbox displaying the MAC address so I can reset it from my side. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @iWallyG
    Thanks for reporting. We did experience an issue with the latest release of the iOS version of the App (affecting the Blocking functionality UI). We are trying to fix the UI bug for the above-mentioned issue. We have opened beta testing for this and if users want to be a part of beta testing, please refer to this article.
    In order to address your query, I would like to share some information with you that when user presses the reset button, then the data and settings associated with Fingbox gets deleted but the account is still accessible with the same email as it was originally connected. If a user would like to change the email, they will have to contact us first. We can then verify the user and account and then we are able to change the email for fingbox account. This is due to so that other users may not use the fingbox after trying to reset the original account. 
    Thanks again
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • iWallyGiWallyG Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Thank you for the quick reply. I still have the issue of the Fingbox reset button is broken. Is there any other way to reset the Fingbox?
  • reygio349reygio349 Member Posts: 25
    10 Comments 5 Agrees First Anniversary Name Dropper

I have the Fingbox v2. I would like to know how to use the reset button. How long you press it and what functions it affects. I've search on knowledge base section but no success.

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @reygio349 the reset button on Fingbox is essentially just an electronic restart. It doesnt 'factory reset' a unit (i.e. it will not disassociate an account from the Fingbox - to do this, please reach out to Fing Support, [email protected] for assistance). To answer your question, the reset button should be lightly pressed for approx 10 - 15 seconds to perform an electronic restart as mentioned. I hope this helps. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • reygio349reygio349 Member Posts: 25
    10 Comments 5 Agrees First Anniversary Name Dropper

Thank you very much.

Ciaran