Fing app crashes!

Ricky13Ricky13 Member Posts: 4
First Comment

Help! My fing app crashes whenever I try to asign a user! Anybody else have this problem?

AndreasMC

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 739
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

Have you tried uninstalling Fing then reinstalling and logging in again?

• Ricky13Ricky13 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Will try when I get home and let you know.

rooted
  • foresthusforesthus Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Hi, I have got a similar problem. in the fing app with ios (newest version) you cannot block devices anymore for time. You are able to do this via the website, but the app is not able to do this anymore. This is a bug I guess.
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,312
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    foresthus said:
    Hi, I have got a similar problem. in the fing app with ios (newest version) you cannot block devices anymore for time. You are able to do this via the website, but the app is not able to do this anymore. This is a bug I guess.
    Thanks for your feedback. With the help of your feedback, our developers are able to catch this issue. This is a UI bug on Apple devices only and the fix will be released with the future versions of the Fing App. I hope it helps. Thanks again for reporting.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • foresthusforesthus Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    OK, I hope the bug will be fxed soon.
    admin
    foresthus said:
    OK, I hope the bug will be fxed soon.
    We have opened a beta testing to fix this issue. If you want to be a part of beta testing as well, please refer to this post.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    rooted
    First Comment

Reinstalled app, issue still present.

I'm on android

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 739
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

@Ricky13 Do you receive any error? What is your Android revision?

First Comment

A small window pops up saying "unfortunately fing has stopped" then it turns off.

I have Android version 6.0.1 it's a Samsung Galaxy s7

admin
    Ricky13 said:

A small window pops up saying "unfortunately fing has stopped" then it turns off.

I have Android version 6.0.1 it's a Samsung Galaxy s7

The reason for this error may be because you are using an earlier version of the Fing App on an outdated Android version.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • project_xproject_x Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    I have Android 10 latest patches on a google pixel 4 xl, with the latest Fing App (and Beta)...everytime I open a user the app crashes immediately...this has been happening for months and I send bug reports through google all the time.
    I have uninstalled beta, reinstalled beta, cleared storage, cleared caches, uninstalled beta, reinstalled release.....etc..... nothing seems to get it back....
    AndreasMC
    admin
    project_x said:
    I have Android 10 latest patches on a google pixel 4 xl, with the latest Fing App (and Beta)...everytime I open a user the app crashes immediately...this has been happening for months and I send bug reports through google all the time.
    I have uninstalled beta, reinstalled beta, cleared storage, cleared caches, uninstalled beta, reinstalled release.....etc..... nothing seems to get it back....
    Thanks for your post. Instead of installing the beta version. Can you please try to install regular Fing App and then check?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    First Comment
    Robin said:
    project_x said:
    Thanks for your post. Instead of installing the beta version. Can you please try to install regular Fing App and then check?
    I had tried that before, but I left the beta program, uninstalled....waited and reinstalled the release version.
    Same problem, crashes immediately on selecting a user
    admin
    project_x said:
    I had tried that before, but I left the beta program, uninstalled....waited and reinstalled the release version.
    Same problem, crashes immediately on selecting a user
    Which Fing App version are you using?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    First Comment
    The latest from the play store.... 8.9.3
    admin
    project_x said:
    The latest from the play store.... 8.9.3
    Thanks for the info. I have tried to replicate the issue but for me it is working fine. Can you check with some other Android version if the issue persists?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    First Comment
    I have Android 10 with the latest security patch....it also fails on Developer preview 2.1 for Android 11 on a pixel 2 XL
    admin
    project_x said:
    I have Android 10 with the latest security patch....it also fails on Developer preview 2.1 for Android 11 on a pixel 2 XL
    Can you record a video and share it with me? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Jayceecee