Reset Account & Clear all devices

JonS
JonS Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
Photogenic
Hi,
Is it possible to reset my account and clear all saved devices?  I recently moved house and Fingbox is acting really strange.  On the new network I'm seeing a bunch of devices that don't exist.  For example it's telling me that there's Unifi, D-Link, Linksys, TP-Link, Apple, Netgear and Asus wifi devices. :)

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @JonS
    In order to reset account, you can delete all saved networks and then for Fingbox press the reset button for 30 sec and all data in relation to Fingbox will be reset but your Fingbox will still be connected to your Fing App.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • hopad
    hopad Member, Beta Tester Posts: 20
    10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hello @JonS I had a similar situation - known old devices I wanted to clean out, do some housekeeping. I logged into the phone app went to devices and hit the trash can and refreshed. Bam all junk gone.
  • Brianpf
    Brianpf Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited April 23, 2021 #4

hi

I have v2 and cannot for the life of me delete the data. I have moved to a new house, with new devices and ISP , but the box still has old names and data

I have done a hard reset to no avail

how hard can it be to factory reset!

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Brianpf said:

hi

I have v2 and cannot for the life of me delete the data. I have moved to a new house, with new devices and ISP , but the box still has old names and data

I have done a hard reset to no avail

how hard can it be to factory reset!

In order to address your query, I would like to share some information with you that when user presses the reset button, then the data and settings associated with Fingbox gets deleted but the account is still accessible with the same email as it was originally connected. If a user would like to change the email, they will have to contact us first. We can then verify the user and account and then we are able to change the email for fingbox account. This is due to so that other users may not use the fingbox after trying to reset the original account. 

Unfortunately, as of now, there is no way to change the name of the SSID with the current SSID. The problem here is due to the fact that the SSID is saved in the network when the user perform the scan using the Fing App (also when onboarding the Fingbox). After this 1st scan, all other scans are being done by the Fingbox itself, but since the Fingbox is connected through a wired LAN cable, it's not capable of detecting new SSID(s) in the network.

At the moment, apart from uninstalling the Fingbox and reinstalling it, there is no way of updating the SSID. 

To reset your Fingbox, follow these simple steps:

• Click on the ‘Home‘ tab
    • Choose ‘3 lines iconscreen which contains a list of all your networks.
    • Choose the Network with the Fingbox and hold down your finger or swipe and an option to ‘Deactivate’ or ‘Remove from Home’ will appear.
    • Click ‘Deactivate’This will remove the network you have already configured, freeing up Fingbox to be assigned to a new network.
    • After you have deactivated the Fingbox, you will be able to connect the box to the new network you’d like it to be on.
    • Just connect it to the new network you’d like to monitor and complete the onboarding again for your new network.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!