Adding vendor information manually

Several devices on my network don't show any vendor info, like the Playstation 4 etc.
Is there a way to add this manually?.
pikatostetez
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,102
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Regarding device information, please ensure you have all permissions granted. This way you will get more device information. Regarding your query, yes, if you click on the device from the device list, this will expand the device view. When you expenad it, you will see the fields whereby you can add whatever identification information you like. I hope this helps. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • MacBainMacBain Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    I can't edit any vendor info on either the app or on the website. "No Vendor" is greyed out and I'm only able to edit the device name, "enter additional notes" or "where the device is located" sections.
    When you say "please ensure you have all permissions granted", what specifically do you mean?.
  • MacBainMacBain Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    And after todays update if found the Playstation 3, but my cablebox and Playstation 3 are still missing vendor name and is also suddely listed as blocked. (I only have the fing app not fingbox).
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,785
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @MacBain
    Thanks for the suggestion for editing the vendor name. I have made this post as an Idea and please make sure to upvote the initial post if other users want to get this implemented as well.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!