why doesn't 1.0.1 update of fing desktop install correctly for me.

richwardcarichwardca Member Posts: 8
First Comment Photogenic
I posted in discussion regarding fing desktop app on windows 10, but no response so far.
Joakim

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 705
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

If you are having an issue you should first uninstall the previous version then install 1.0.1, this should resolve the problem.

You also didn't specify what the issue is? What do you mean that it doesn't correctly install, what are the symptoms?

• JoakimJoakim Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    edited March 6
    I posted in discussion regarding fing desktop app on windows 10, but no response so far.

I got the same issues. My computer totaly chrasched and i got the BSOD when it automatically upgraded to 1.0.1 and i had to restart the computer. Then the FING folder was corrupted and it said one of the fing dll files (sorry, cant remember wich one, because it was in the middle of the night and i was tired) was not compatible with the Windows platform!! Had to manually erase the whole folder and  fix the register with CCleaner. I have NOT tried to install it again! I will wait for the next version
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 705
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

@Robin Is this something you have heard of or experienced during the development of 1.0.1?

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 1,719
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @Joakim
    Which windows version are you using? Also, Can you try to uninstall the Fing Application by using any Uninstaller app like iobit uninstaller and then install and see if it works for you?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • JoakimJoakim Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    Robin said:
    Hi @Joakim
    Which windows version are you using? Also, Can you try to uninstall the Fing Application by using any Uninstaller app like iobit uninstaller and then install and see if it works for you?
    My windows verision below.  I am also on the Windows insider release preview channel.
    I will try it later tonight. I dont want my computer to chrash just now at this moment!! ;-)

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 1,719
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Also, @Joakim
    if restart PC haven't help to resolve this behaviour, these commands may be useful to windows (to launch from Command Prompt as administrator):
    Step normal case
      • Stop service command: sc stop Fing.Agent
      • Start service command: sc start Fing.Agent
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!