Desktop app scans my VPN not my network. How do I scan different network?

I have the desktop app installed on my work station. When I scan I get the full 192.168.0.0 network which is what I want. When I have my VPN running which is most of the time I show only my router and my workstation on a 10.0.0.0 network. How do I make the software monitor only the 192.168.0.0 network? Thanks
Tagged:

Best Answer

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,386
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks for post @Demonseedgfx
    As of now, with VPN connections, there are some limitations with Fing Desktop. I will pass on your feedback to our developers.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• DWR65DWR65 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Robin said:
    As of now, with VPN connections, there are some limitations with Fing Desktop. I will pass on your feedback to our developers.
    I have a mirror problem.  When connected over the SSL VPN to my remote network, I can only scan the home network - and I'm trying to scan the remote one.
    admin
    DWR65 said:
    Robin said:
    I have a mirror problem.  When connected over the SSL VPN to my remote network, I can only scan the home network - and I'm trying to scan the remote one.
    Fing Dekstop can scan the network you are currently connected to your device. Can you tell which network is connected on your device?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • DWR65DWR65 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

Running on my laptop. VPN from the laptop to the remote network over the local network.

ipconfig shows PPP adapter with a remote IP address, and the wireless LAN adapter has a local IP address.

I know just enough about IP networks to get myself very quickly into trouble.

admin
    DWR65 said:

Running on my laptop. VPN from the laptop to the remote network over the local network.

ipconfig shows PPP adapter with a remote IP address, and the wireless LAN adapter has a local IP address.

I know just enough about IP networks to get myself very quickly into trouble.

I believe Fing Desktop is not able to read your VPN network and in this case, might not be compatible right now.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)