Problems with Fing Desktop

Despite re-installing I stillhave not got Fing to work at all correctly on my W10  2-in-1. Among the problems are the following: no response from Connectivity, Reports not displayed, clicking Notifications just generates dancing blobs.  I do get popup warnings on start up ---- although I have not been able to view them one did flash by and I think it said speed via my Ethernet is lower than expected at 100 m ---- and what is the meaning of "acknowledge new network by providing a context" (searching has not revealed an explanation).

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,651
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@clayto , some discussion here on context if your interested

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • claytoclayto Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments Photogenic
    I have just installed the update. Fing is still virtually unusable. All the failures listed in my previous post are still present. I get warning notifications which I cannot open / read. What now?
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,828
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @clayto
    Please share the screenshot of the notifications and error so that we can investigate further? If you would like, you can DM me the screenshots as well. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    10 Comments Photogenic
    A few days ago after another install Fing launched OK so I was able to get an idea of what it should be like. The following day it ceased to work and is not working now. I will send screenshots, though to me they don't seem very informative.
    10 Comments Photogenic

10 Comments Photogenic
    I Copied 2 other screens but they would not Paste here. They are mainly blank pages with the Heading from the menus such as Notifications. No more information.
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,828
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    clayto said:
    I Copied 2 other screens but they would not Paste here. They are mainly blank pages with the Heading from the menus such as Notifications. No more information.
    Can you please try to uninstall the app completely and then reboot device and install and try again?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    10 Comments Photogenic
    I followed advice to completely uninstall Fing Desktop but after re-install it hardly worked at all so this is being sent from an Android Tablet. As it works well on Android I am going to give Desktop a miss for the present and hope when I try again later my (and the other) issue will have been resolved.