Scan for Devices

USMAGradUSMAGrad Member Posts: 4
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
I am using Fing for Desktop on a Dell PC running Windows 10 Pro.  When I use the "Scan for devices" button on my local network, the fing screen starts the scan with the progress line advancing across the top.  When the line reaches the right side of the screen meaning the scan is almost done, that screen blanks out to a blank screen.  Why does this happen?

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,651
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @USMAGrad , I've moved this is the desktop issues section for you.  @Robin and @Ciaran , please note the blank screen issue on Windows.  
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • USMAGradUSMAGrad Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, @Marc.
    @Robin/@Ciaran - Here's a picture of the process in action:
    Once the progress bar gets to the equal sign box "=", the bar stops and then the blank screen pops up.  Any ideas?

• DBaileyDBailey Member Posts: 10
    10 Comments Photogenic

Other folks seeing the same issue in the "RE: Blank window on Fing Desktop" thread.

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,828
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @USMAGrad

Can you confirm if you have any VPN connection or any firewall running on your device which is blocking the connection of Fing Desktop to its servers?

If you have any firewall, can you either disable it or put Fing Desktop in Whitelist so it can make the connection to its servers and then check if the issue persists?

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    10 Comments Photogenic

I'm seeing the same issue with Fing Desktop 1.0.1 on my Windows 10 x64 machine. Not seeing the issue (so far) in Fing Desktop 1.0.1 on MacOS 10.14.5 Mojave; the scan completes successfully and the screen does not go blank.

admin
    DBailey said:

I'm seeing the same issue with Fing Desktop 1.0.1 on my Windows 10 x64 machine. Not seeing the issue (so far) in Fing Desktop 1.0.1 on MacOS 10.14.5 Mojave; the scan completes successfully and the screen does not go blank.

Can you try to reboot the windows device and then check? if restarting PC haven't help to resolve this behaviour, these commands may be useful to windows (to launch from Command Prompt as administrator):
    Step normal case
      • Stop service command: sc stop Fing.Agent
      • Start service command: sc start Fing.Agent
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Stopping and starting the Fing.Agent service does not alter the scan behavior for me on my Windows 10 x64 machine. I've also tried restarting (no effect) and uninstalling/reinstalling Fing Desktop (no effect).
    admin
    Thanks for feedback @DBailey
    I will take this to our developers for investigation.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • USMAGradUSMAGrad Member Posts: 4
    The new 1.1.0 version of Fing desktop fixed the screen blankout problem with my PC.. Thanks, Fing!
    RobinDBailey
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Fing Desktop 1.1.0 fixed the issue for me, too. Thanks!