Blank window on Fing Desktop

OstseeDocOstseeDoc Member Posts: 1
edited March 3 in Fing Desktop
When I do a local network scan in Fing Desktop its doing the scan, finds some devices but shortly before the scan is finished the window blanks out. I can only see the Fing menu on the left side. When I press the See last scan button it does not show any. Also blank. What can I do
Tagged:
DBailey

Answers

• GhoST_XGhoST_X Member Posts: 0
    edited March 4
    i would like to say that whenever i run "Scan for devices" test it starts scanning, but actually 2-3 seconds later the whole windows except side buttons and title bar goes blank!
    can someone please tell what's the problem. Thanks
    P.S. sorry for poor english
    TomJ
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 1,719
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @GhoST_X
    Thanks for your feedback. Can you share the screenshot of the blank screen and the O.S of the PC on which you are running the Fing Desktop? 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • foxfossilfoxfossil Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    I've got the same problem:
    Windows 10 pro, 64bit, Fujitsu Siemens Celsius H770, i7 7820HQ processor 32 GB Ram
    Scan runs, showing a list of devices - then screen goes blank.
    Hi @Robin ,
    maybe this log helps to understand our problem:

• DBaileyDBailey Member Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment
    Same issue here. Running Fing Desktop 1.0 on Windows 10 x64 (latest OS update). I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Fing Desktop, to no avail.
    admin
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Can you please let me know if you have any VPN or Firewall running on your network which might affect the Fing App to connect to its servers?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Photogenic First Comment

No VPN and just the default Windows 10 firewall, plus Bitdefender antivirus. The scan did complete the first few times I ran it, but once it started to go blank it's continued to do so on every run.

• USMAGradUSMAGrad Member Posts: 4
    Same problem here.  Running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.  No VPN, but am running Norton 360 Deluxe.  Here's a screen capture of network scan in process before it blanks out:
    Once the process bar gets to the right of the screen, it blanks out.  Any ideas?
    admin
    edited March 3
    Thanks Everyone, I will take this feedback to our Developers and we will get back to you to investigate more. In meantime, Can you try to disable your firewalls or whitelist the Fing App and then check if the issue persists. Also, make sure Java application is installed on the Win/Mac device. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    I just installed Fing Desktop 1.01 - the problem persists! Scan for devices blank
  • smithcomputerssmithcomputers Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    When first installed it worked fine but now when I scan for devices it does the scan then switches to just a white background with no devices shown at all on Windows 10 desktop.
    Photogenic First Comment
    Add me to the list I have the same problem exactly, ran a few times and now just blank screens even with no firewall on.
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 781
    500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Thanks @smithcomputers, I have added you to the escalation list. Our Dev team are currently trying to replicate the issue internally in order to work towards a resolve. We will keep you all notified of progress on this thread. Thanks again
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • SeabeeChiefSeabeeChief USAMember Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    I am having the same blanking issue after a scan. Here is what I have discovered. When I uninstall and reinstall the original Version 1.0.0 it works perfectly as soon as I allow the update to the next version when I perform a scan and as it starts running it looks normal. As soon as it finishes the screen goes white. all other functions work including speed test and connectivity. Even outages displays and functions. I am running this on SurfaceBook 2 and I get the same results on my home-built Windows 10 Machine both are Windows 10 64 bit versions. Both versions are fully updated and patched. 
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    #GoCoogs
    Comptia A+, Network+, Security+. SCW/FMF
    Photogenic First Comment
    I'm seeing the same issue with Fing Desktop 1.0.1 on my Windows 10 x64 machine. Not seeing the issue (so far) in Fing Desktop 1.0.1 on MacOS 10.14.5 Mojave; the scan completes successfully and the screen does not go blank.
    Same problem on Windows 8.1 x64!
  • AreosAreos Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    I have the same issue, even after doing the programmed clean full reinstall of Windows 10 x64. Blank Screen after the scan.
  • TomJTomJ Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic
    Same problem here
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 781
    500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Thanks all, our engineers are looking into this
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Areos
  • MattPackwoodMattPackwood Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    The Mac app starts u blank for me....
    Halleluiah!
    The new version 1.1.0  has fixed the problem!
    Thanks a lot to the developers! Would you mind to comment on the cause/remedy?
    best regards
    DBailey
    Photogenic First Comment
    Fing Desktop 1.1.0 fixed the issue for me, too. Thanks!
  • Dougw246Dougw246 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    It did not fix it for me.  Screen is completely blank after scan completes.  Also, when I click on See Last Scan, that screen is blank too.  Please help.
    Photogenic First Comment
    have you dowloaded the new version 1.1.0 and not the older 1.0.1 as its a very easy mistake to make, mine works fine now very pleased. Hope you get yours to work.
    Cheers, Mike
    Robin
    admin
    Dougw246 said:
    It did not fix it for me.  Screen is completely blank after scan completes.  Also, when I click on See Last Scan, that screen is blank too.  Please help.
    The new version 1.1.0  has fixed the problem. Please make sure you have the latest version. To verify, please uninstall and then reboot the device and then download a fresh version from the web page. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Chris_RChris_R Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    Just downloaded and installed Fing Desktop 1.1.0 on my home laptop.  It works fine on my office desktop but at home it fails to scan and gives me the same blank screen others are getting.  Note that the Android app works fine on my home network from my phone. 
    [Windows 10 64bit, updated to current] 
  • Dougw246Dougw246 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Mine started working after I rebooted my computer.
  • ReaXionReaXion Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    I'm also suffering from this issue as well. I have tried rebooting and still get the same white screen on version 1.1.0.

admin
    Hi all, 
    Can you please check with latest version 1.2.0. The new version has fixed many bugs. Please make sure you have the latest version. To verify, please uninstall and then reboot the device and then download a fresh version from the web page. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Chris_RChris_R Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited April 2
    the new version worked OK for me yesterday and now it is drawing a white blank again
    brand new router two days ago
    windows 10 64bit