USB Connector

ÉtienneÉtienne SuisseMember Posts: 5
Photogenic First Comment

Does anyone know how to have my Fing repaired? This is the first time removing my Fing to a new location in my home. I simply disconnected the Ethernet & USB power; and when I went to plug it into the cables at my new desk the USB connector was disconnected and loose. I took it to a few computer repair shops and they advised me to purchase a new one.

The bocx is less than a year, I've only connected twice and second try the connector was broken. It's not like I'm computer illiterate, but I've never had a USB break just by plugging it in. If anyone has a solution, please let me know.

Thanks,. Have a great day!😀🇨🇭

Best Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,147
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Étienne, one of the Fing staff can tell you what options you may have.  @Robin or @Ciaran , can you let Étienne know please?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,147
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    It’s the weekend and I would not expect a response till at least Monday or Tuesday. They were tagged so they should get notification. Keep an eye on this thread in the meantime. 
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Étienne  I have sent you a private message as we will need to get more details off of you (e.g. MAC address & e-mail address). Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• ÉtienneÉtienne SuisseMember Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

Thank you Marc. Do o just wait for a response? Or do I need to reach out to specific individuals?

Étienne