2»

Comments

• JoeDawsonJoeDawson Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

• PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoeDawson said:

I should also say that since IOS 11 Apple has prevented all apps from getting MAC addresses. This makes the usefulness of all these tools significantly less. Making the whole purpose of the app far less. So paying for any app that can not show mac-address any more is a hard sell.

Two things:

1 - It won't be too much longer until Fing pull out Desktop versions of the apps: The developers over in Fingland are acutely aware of the limitations that both iOS and now Android 10 are placing on this information, so a desktop version definitely would go a way to mitigate them.
    2 - The Fing app isn't just standalone - it comes into its own when paired with a Fingbox. In fact, the reason I first invested in a Fingbox was because of iOS 11. Now I've got onetwo I'm seeing so much more value out of it.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    HronosMarc
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @adam I'll let everyone know if I get any news about it! 
    @JoeDawson yes we know that this is difficult. This is why we're working on PC/MAC versions of Fing App. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about iOS11 blocking the ARP (we tried to run a petition) but never had success to get them returned. We are however looking into more ways to install and use Fing App for our users. https://community.fing.com/discussion/89/the-fing-roadmap

Community Manager at Fing

Marc
  • noisenoise Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    I have a Fing device so am glad it's ad free due to that :)
    VioletChepil
  • GidsterGidster London, UKMember Posts: 224
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    Pooh said:
    1 - It won't be too much longer until Fing pull out Desktop versions of the apps: The developers over in Fingland are acutely aware of the limitations that both iOS and now Android 10 are placing on this information, so a desktop version definitely would go a way to mitigate them.
    "Fingland" - I love it!
    Head of Product at Fing
    HronosPooh