Need Help: Fing Desktop 1.0.0 not running properly after install

Jimmypants
Jimmypants Member Posts: 8
First Comment
Hello, I just installed Fing 1.0.0 on my x64 Win7Pro machine and it fails to run properly.  The window shows up, but it is completely blank.
Actually, I installed Fing twice.  The first time I did it normally and had this result, so I decided to uninstall and reinstall.  The second time, I did "Run as administrator" and still got the same result.
Any ideas?
Tagged:

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,804
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jimmypants,  sorry to hear your having trouble with the Desktop.

It would be good If you could provide Fing with further information to investigate this. If you click on the Fing version in the bottom-left part of the sidebar you should be able to click on the log service button and the folder of your service will open. Could you DM(private message) @Robin the log.log file if it is present in the folder? Also, send the fing-agent.log file ( without any number after 'agent' ) that you can find in the service log folder. You need to compress both files together to attach it or share on the community.

And, please send the information on what is returning by typing this URL "http://127.0.0.1:48080/getFingagentinfo" on your browser.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Jimmypants
    First Comment
    Marc, what you suggest is impossible.  I said that the window is BLANK.
  • Jimmypants
    First Comment
    Also, the app hangs and goes "Not Responding", so I have to force-close through Task Manager.
  • Jimmypants
    First Comment
    edited February 28, 2020 #5
    agentinfo    
    agentVersion    "1.0.0"
    clientId    "[redacted]"
    clientName    "[redacted]"
    clientPlatform    "Windows"
    clientPlatformVer    "7 Professional"
    recogPort    "50589"
    fingEndpoint    "api.fing.com"
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,804
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t realize the extent of what you could or could not see (Window means different things to different people).  Try this, see if you can do a search for the log.log file and if you find it dm to @Robin.  The fing-agent.log as well.  If you can screenshot your screen so he has an idea of what your seeing, that might help as well.  Don’t post it here as this is public.  @Robin works for fing so sending it should be safe.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Jimmypants
  • Jimmypants
    First Comment
    edited February 29, 2020 #7
    Marc, thank you!  I found both files in the app data folder.  Will send it.
    I hope this is not something wrong with only my own machine, but I have not seen anybody else post about it...
    I plan to post a debriefing update here for posterity if we are able to fix the problem.
    Thanks again.  :smile:
  • Jimmypants
    First Comment
    Quick update:  Fing is now working!
    The only thing that changed is I am now on a work WiFi instead of my phone's WiFi hotspot.  Wondering if that has anything to do with it.  Still waiting for a reply from Robin...
  • Jimmypants
    First Comment
    Not working again, same network.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Not working again, same network.
    Can you check with the new version 1.0.1 if you are still facing the issue?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!