Fing Desktop Detection issue, uninstall issues, reinstall issues

On my computer, Win 10 Pro x64 the Fing app (under connectivity) reports that I'm not connected to a network and that I have no internet. I'm on a cabled connection and I have internet access. Under Home it's been on "Connectivity check in progress" for about 3 hours. 
If I click on "See Report" it gives me lots and lots of "Passed" but also a couple (9) "Pending". It reports my NIC, connection speed and IP address correctly and reports that I'm connected to the internet and even correctly identifies my ISP.

I have bounced the App and I have launched it with elevation but that doesn't change anything. As a result I can't see any other devices on my network, which I assume is supposed to be under the connectivity section?

Further update: When I turned on my PC this morning and opened Fing, it gave some error about some service that can't be reached. I reboot, same problem. Uninstalled and tired to reinstall but now I get "Installation Aborted" and I'm unable to reinstall the app. It still shows under Apps and Settings but gives an error about not being able to locate fing uninstall. Directory doesn't exist in default install path. No custom install options either so can't specify alternate install directory. Checked services and fing.agent still present after uninstall but obviously unable to run. Removed rogue service in registry, still unable to re-install.

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,081
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Mantas
    Thanks for your post. I would require further information from you to investigate this. If you click on the Fing version in the bottom-left part of the sidebar you would be able to click on the log service button and the folder of your service will open. Could you DM(private message) me the log.log file if it is present in the folder? Also, send the fing-agent.log file ( without any number after 'agent' ) that you can find in the service log folder. You need to compress both files together to attach it to share on community.
    And, please send the information on what is returning by typing this URL "http://127.0.0.1:48080/getFingagentinfo" on your browser?
    I will be looking forward to your reply.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • MantasMantas Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Hey @Robin

Fing is no longer installed so I can't get the version number but the installer is version 1.0.0.0, product version 1.0.0
    Since it's no longer installed, I can't access any logs. The Path does not exist. C:\Program Files\Fing 

As mentioned I also can't get it to install again due to an error. I will try to run advanced uninstaller to remove any leftovers the uninstaller left behind. Perhaps then I can get it reinstalled.
    Robin
    admin
    Thanks @Mantas for helping us to investigate this. One the application is able to install please follow the above steps and share the requested information so I can investigate further. Thanks again

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Robin said:
    Thanks @Mantas for helping us to investigate this. One the application is able to install please follow the above steps and share the requested information so I can investigate further. Thanks again

Ok, so the advanced uninstaller solved the installation error. There was leftovers in the roaming folder. 

Great news! After reinstalling the program now functions properly. This time it asked me to set a network context that it didn't ask previously. As soon as I selected "Home" the initial scan completed. I can now also scan for devices on my network, which I couldn't do before. It is properly reporting my LAN and Internet connections. YAY!  :#:smile:

I will explore and report back any further issues I may encounter. Thanks for your willingness to help ;)

Robin
    A little cosmetic error...

Robin
    admin
    Thanks for the feedback @Mantas
    I will raise this with our Dev team. :smile:

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    @Robin

So, the latest version 1.0.1 just installed and now I'm back to my original problem again  :neutral:

The program opened and now it's just stuck on "Connectivity check in progress". Like the first time, it didn't ask me for the "Network Context" which was the problem last time. You should probably just add a button to be able to manually change/set the "Network context".

So I've gone from a working older version to a broken newer version -_-

I see the little cosmetic bug with the name overlapping has at least been fixed  :D

admin
    HI @Mantas
    We do provide the option to manually set the context of the network. You need to go to Connectivity tab and run a scan and then you will be able to see the context and click on it to change it as well. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    @Robin thanks for that. The biggest problem with that is that if it's stuck on "Connectivity check in  progress" then the "Scan for devices" button is not available to click.

Anyway, after a reboot the initial check finished successfully so all is good again in my world ;)
    Robin
    admin
    Thanks for letting us know @Mantas

Robin (Admin at Fing)