How Do I fix the Fing Desktop Install & Launch?

2»

Answers

• Walter_H
    Walter_H Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    I am afraid Fing is not what it used to be.  There are so many problems it has become a complete POS.  Are there any good alternatives out there?
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Walter_H
    I am sorry to hear your experience with Fing is not satisfactory. May I know what kind of issues are you facing with your Fing desktop so I can guide you? 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Walter_H
    Walter_H Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Fing reports "you have connectivity problems."  When I drill down to the report, it says "Device is not in network: no IP address," "No network gateway is configured," and "Device is not connected to a local network."  All of these are, in fact, false; I am connected to the local network, the Internet, and have an IP address and operational gateway and DNS server.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Walter_H
    Can you share healthcheck report with me? Are you using any VPN? Are you using Windows or MAC? Are you connected via Wired or Wireless connection?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!