People tab switches disappears on app launch

Dougrs
Dougrs Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic

Hello

For at least a month, the people tab in the Fing.app disappears when I first launch. To get it back, I need to select devices, scan my network, and then it will appear.

I am using the fing.app on iOS.

thanks for your help in advance. Doug

Answers

• CloudWare
    CloudWare Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    hello . Have you tried re installing as it may be a corrupted app version? Just asking
  • Dougrs
    Dougrs Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

Yes, I’ve tried to sign out and sign back in. I also for a separate reason just had to do a reset of my phone with fresh installs of all of the applications. The issue still occurs.

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Dougrs, we have had no other reports of this. The People tab will not appear for 1 of 2 reasons:
    1) If a user is not logged into the account associated with the Fingbox (clearly you are in this case)
    2) If a network, that is not linked to the Fingbox is chosen (you can see this at the top of the main app display)

Next time this happens, just have a quick look at the network, to see if it is perhaps automatically landing on a different network (perhaps a previously scanned network). If so, this would explain why the People tab does not initially display. 
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• eArTh1
    eArTh1 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    I do not have the PEOPLE TAB. I can not ASSIGN USERS. I have deleted and re-downloaded the app. I'm a mom. Bought this device for parental controls and so far I have none. Please help.
    Moni25
  • Moni25
    Moni25 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I also do not have the people tab and a search of all the answers comes up with other people reporting the same thing... yet the same answer is given by customer support - that they have no other reports of this.. well they do!

I guess this device is getting returned, I bought also for parental controls. I’ve checked every setting, my sign in, my account, etc and it seems to be a glitch within the app itself.

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Moni25
    Thank you for your query. 
    The 3 tabs at the bottom of the App will be (whether you have a Fingbox or not): 

To access the 'People' functionality/tab.
    • Click on the Home tab in the bottom-left hand corner of the screen.
    • Click on ‘Scan for devices’ (blue button)
    A pop up will appear: To scan the network using Fingbox, choose ‘Show Fingbox Network’ 

This will bring you to your 'Fingbox Dashboard'. At the top of the Dashboard you will see the 'People' tab & functionality.

Fingbox tabs:

At the top of the Fingbox view, you will see the following tabs:

1. Devices: shows device scan results (all devices currently connected to your network). On the bottom, there are numerous filter options. To see more about filter options,  see article How to use the Fing App  (scroll down to ‘How to Sort, Search & Filter Your Fing Device List’)
    2. Network: manage your network, check Access points & Network Setup
    3. Internet: check ‘Internet Score’, do Speedtest, average ISP performance from last week &compare providers
    4. People: Add/Remove users, schedule internet pause, check timelines & access DigitalFence functionality
    5. Notifications: device notifications

The following knowledge article may be of assistance to you also: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/first-day-fingbox/
    I hope this helps
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)