How can I add a 2nd Network and Box to my account.

Sashworth1Sashworth1 Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
I already have a Home Network and fingbox I want to add and manage another for a second address and location

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,734
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Sashworth1

Thank you for your post. To address your query, the Second network is separate from the main network and creates a separate network gateway so Fingbox will not be able to access the 2nd network other than the main network. Fingbox can only manage one network gateway on which it is activated on.  

The Fingbox is designed for the average home network. It can manage/control one LAN or VLAN and one 2.4 GHz /5 GHz Wi-Fi network with the same SSID. You will need to pick one of your SSID to monitor/control via the Fingbox.  
    You will have to choose the network you want to monitor/control to put the Fingbox and use the Fing App to access the Fingbox. You will need another Fingbox to monitor the 2nd network.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Sashworth1Sashworth1 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hi Thanks for that. I wish to monitor a second address with a separate network and its own fingbox how ever the app does not see the Fingbox so I can add it as another box on my Wi-fi. Like having a home and a separate office account on the same account if you see what I mean.
    Cheers
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,734
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Sashworth1

So if you are connected to the network that you want to add the 2nd Fingbox too then you can add the Fingbox.   

Under App Settings I would make the following 2 changes: 

1. Disable Reverse DNS Lookup 

2. Change the Maximum network size to match you network size 

These changes should help with the issues in scanning.   

As far as adding the Fingboxes to the different networks, let's try this. Make sure that the Fingbox is powered off first. 

1. Connect your device(phone or tablet) to the network that you want to add the Fingbox too 

2. Scan the network to create that network in the Fing App 

3. Make the recommended changes to the App Settings 

4. Connect the Fingbox to the network that you are trying to add it to, and plug it in 

5. Once the Fingbox is powered up and its green 

6. Try to add the Fingbox to that network 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!