NEW VERSION OF FING DESKTOP - 1.0.0

RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 1,147
1000 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
admin

Hi All,

Today we released version 1.0.0 of the Fing Desktop Beta. Changes in this release:
  • Official version 1.0.0 of Fing Desktop will be launched on Monday, 24th Feb
  • Added worldwide Internet outages page
  • Added brand logos and support shortcuts in device details view (for most popular brands)
  • Fixed wake up from sleep on Windows
As ever, thank you for your feedback and input to date.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
Tagged:
RobinCarlo_from_FingThorlelandtjak2133Lifeguard74OKC

Comments

• gunthermicgunthermic Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    Awesome
    Lifeguard74Bryant楽
  • everzaeverza Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    lacks ports scanning,
    EV
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 23
    Honestly I can't even find Fing 1.0 to download and comment on.
    tgilesFingbeanLoneStarOKC
  • BenCumminsBenCummins Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Took me forever to find the download link also - https://get.fing.com
    NidhiTomOhio
  • LoneStarLoneStar Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Thanks, I was feeling stupid for not finding it....
  • NidhiNidhi Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    The most exciting news for me. I was wondering when desktop app would be rolled out as I work with pis a lot and now it has been!  Finally, seems like my prayers have been answered!
  • madfusgermadfusger Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

Hello,

I just bought a fingbox about a month ago and just learned there is a fing app. Does this app take the place of a fing box, and I just purchased a device I don't need?

And if not, why couldn't a desktop app do everything a fingbox does?

Thanks

• Bob58Bob58 Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Is there a way for the desktop app to use the descriptions that I've already entered on the web & Android versions?  They keep their descriptions in synch with each other, but the desktop tool is listing things using generic names.
    Rob_G
  • tonesto7tonesto7 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    I'm not really really sure how I feel about this new desktop app :|
    I'm not really in line with mobile apps, meaning it's not a desktop extension of the Fing mobile apps.  It doesn't seem to be tied to or work with any of the info detected by FingBox and Fing Mobile app.
    I understand what this means for those who don't have a fingbox, because the desktop app can give a much broader scan of the local network than the mobile apps could, but it just doesn't feel like it should have the name Fing desktop.
    Again I'm not complaining, only providing my opinion.  I'm grateful that there is something out for the desktop to provide a network context.

One Request,
    Please allow us to define which warning are displayed.  For example, Netflix and Facebook are blocked at my office.  So it's constantly showing a warning because neither site can be reached.
    jw_ned
    First Comment Photogenic
    Took me forever to find the download link also - https://get.fing.com

Except that's to Fing Desktop .6
  • reygio349reygio349 Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited February 24

I just downloaded the new Fing desktop version on my windows laptop! It's Amazing!!! From start to finish it's quick, fast and hassle /problem FREE! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

A BIG THANK YOU! To all of Fing staff and contributors/testers. Excellent job!

addendum :

What I did to start is I unplugged all my wired connection and turn off my wireless devices, reset my modem and my router to factory and started everything from start.

Did the initial setup of modem-router-computer then my Fingbox. Everything went smoothly and did the rest of my wired and wireless connection without problem. Both Fing mobile app and desktop app catch everything and sync perfect.

• MelleMelle Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 25
    Amazing job guys! Not sure if I overlooked any features, but would be cool to also somehow see the status of your connected fingbox at home, while I'm at the office. Easier to convince my girlfriend I'm right when she says internet at home doesn't work :P

jw_nedTomHtonesto7
  • KoniuszkoKoniuszko Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Do You plan to make Linux version?

• MantasMantas Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Not sure if I can post feedback here. Feel free to move it if it's in the wrong section.

On my computer, Win 10 Pro x64 the Fing app (under connectivity) reports that I'm not connected to a network and that I have no internet. I'm on a cabled connection and I have internet access. Under Home it's been on "Connectivity check in progress" for about 3 hours. 
    If I click on "See Report" it gives me lots and lots of "Passed" but also a couple (9) "Pending". It reports my NIC, connection speed and IP address correctly and reports that I'm connected to the internet and even correctly identifies my ISP.

I have bounced the App and I have launched it with elevation but that doesn't change anything. As a result I can't see any other devices on my network, which I assume is supposed to be under the connectivity section?

• TomHTomH Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Hi folks,

Quick couple of thoughts about this new desktop app.
    1) I have an advisory that my machine is not connected via a gigabit ethernet connection. Great, I know, and I'm glad the app has flagged that, but as (on this network (I'm in a serviced office on a vLAN)) I'm not in a position to do anything about that (and I may not want to, anyway) it would be good if I could dismiss this notification/warning.
    2) It would be cool if I could see my 'other networks' - in particular my Fingbox monitored network at home within the app.
    Other than that, this looks like it's going to be an invaluable tool and makes me want to get another Fingbox for the office even more! Thanks guys!

All the best,
    -Tom
    notozman
  • BirdBird Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    error message in Fing Desktop which was in beta also .
    Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Fing\resources\extraResources\fingagent.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: fingagent.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 5e4c0f16
    Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll
    Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.9619
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5c4bd872
    Exception Code: 40000015
    Exception Offset: 0005beae
    OS Version: 10.0.19559.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: eb0f
    Additional Information 2: eb0fd5c048e6440480e3ae4bcee15c61
    Additional Information 3: 4862
    Additional Information 4: 4862a463539248658c353659926958b2

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 8eba7e3cfa3570aa47e05f7a3046a239 (1720480036056113721)

• TonyFun73TonyFun73 Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment
    Still noticing a big difference between Broadband Speed Checker results. 

• Henk2FingHenk2Fing Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Hi, I get the warning below. Any reason why Facebook is used? to test connectivity or collect data?

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 1,147
    admin
    Mantas said:
    Not sure if I can post feedback here. Feel free to move it if it's in the wrong section.

On my computer, Win 10 Pro x64 the Fing app (under connectivity) reports that I'm not connected to a network and that I have no internet. I'm on a cabled connection and I have internet access. Under Home it's been on "Connectivity check in progress" for about 3 hours. 
    If I click on "See Report" it gives me lots and lots of "Passed" but also a couple (9) "Pending". It reports my NIC, connection speed and IP address correctly and reports that I'm connected to the internet and even correctly identifies my ISP.

I have bounced the App and I have launched it with elevation but that doesn't change anything. As a result I can't see any other devices on my network, which I assume is supposed to be under the connectivity section?

Hi @mantas
    Can you create a separate post for this so we can investigate further? To create a post, you can refer to this page. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    admin
    Henk2Fing said:
    Hi, I get the warning below. Any reason why Facebook is used? to test connectivity or collect data?

Hi @Henk2Fing
    We have gathered a few popular websites and we run the checks against those websites so we can know the internet is working fine or not. As of now, there is no way to skip those websites. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    admin
    Bird said:
    error message in Fing Desktop which was in beta also .
    Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Fing\resources\extraResources\fingagent.exe

Thanks @bird
    Can you create a separate post about this error and share your O.S version and try to re-install the application as well? Thanks again.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Oryon007Oryon007 Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Thanks for the great software/application! Loving it so far! 
    Is there a way to acknowledge/dismiss notifications? I haven't seen anything posted so far (sorry if it has, I just didn't see it)

Thanks!
  • TesterTester Member Posts: 2
    edited February 27
    Hi. Does anyone encounter the next problem trying tu run for the first time Fing Desktop 1.0 ?
    This app can't run o your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher. Fing 1.0 download today (never installed on this system) with Win 10 x64 v1909 with all updates. OEM not modified.

Any ideeas how can i run Fing Desktop ? It wold be nice not to have to make a VM with a windows on x86 arch. instead x64.

Thank you in advance
    admin
    Hi @Tester
    Can you make sure you have an active Fing account for using the Fing Desktop? Also, I would like to tell you currently Fing Desktop is only supported for 64-bit O.S. Can you please share the screenshot of the error you are facing on Fing Desktop?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • BirdBird Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    error message in Fing Desktop which was in beta also.
    Robin ,the error is there when Fing is installed to the desktop in reliability monitor .
    My OS is Version 2004 Build 19559.1000
  • TesterTester Member Posts: 2
    edited February 28
    Robin said:
    Hi @Tester
    Can you make sure you have an active Fing account for using the Fing Desktop? Also, I would like to tell you currently Fing Desktop is only supported for 64-bit O.S. Can you please share the screenshot of the error you are facing on Fing Desktop?

Hi @Robin
    I know is only x64 version because i have no choice for download a x86 vesion, and yes, here is the screenshot of error. I open with admin wrights but there is no change in error message.

any ideea ?
    Thank you
    jamzm
  • TWolfTWolf Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Koniuszko said:

Do You plan to make Linux version?

I would also like to know if you plan on releasing a Linux version?
  • Pete_BPete_B Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    I have the new Fing Desktop App loaded.
    I am able to see/access the Fing Box on my local network.
    However from the Desktop app how do I access/view my second network at a different site with a Fing box on it?
    I can see data from the second network on my iPhone Fing App or via Web browser logged into Fing but have not found a way to add, select and view it from the new Desktop app...
    Any way to do this?
    Pete
  • EldredEldred Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    I installed the latest version of Fing Desktop on my Windows 10 PC today and am really impressed.
    I have found this issue with the preference settings:
    I changed the settings so that the app does not run at Windows Startup, as per the attached screenshot.
    After this, going to view the windows task manager/Startup, Fing was still configured as enabled. I restarted the PC and, as expected, Fing ran at boot. Consequently, the setting does not work. One would have to disable it with the Windows Task manager to stop it running as Windows startup.