replacing a router

pmtabpmtab Member Posts: 1
I replaced my tp-link archer8 router with a new tenda nova mesh setup. I used the same SSID name for the new network. Now, when I open FING, I see two networks, both named the same. One shows the old router and the various devices that connected with it; the other shows the new mesh setup and the devices that have connected with it. How can I delete the old network from my FING settings?

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,196
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @pmtab, its easier to delete it if you to go to the web version of Fing at https://www.fing.com.  Once you there log in with your Fing account.  Have a look at the list of networks on the left side. Highlight the network you want to delete and then click on the gear icon on the top right.  When you click on the gear, you will see a dropdown, click on delete this network...  That should delete it in all places you log into.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 830
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or alternatively you can select offending Network in the Fing app by long clicking and select Delete.

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,196
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @rooted method is the easiest.  Note that if you get an error as you attempt to delete from the app, go to the web version as there is a bug that can crop up from time to time that could prevent you from deleting it that way.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...