I have problem to set it up

Jackwong64Jackwong64 Member Posts: 10
First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
edited February 2020 in Fingbox

Hi all,

it’s blinking in green with the pattern, slow then 2 fast blinks.

I have 2 version 1 and didn’t any problem to set it up, they both are being used in office environment.

With this version 2 I had issue set it up there then I brought it home with a simple network structure.

It can pickup an Ip but I just can’t add it with fing app and the result is no fing box found.

I have also try to reset the device and still no luck.

any suggestion or clue about the blinking?

thanks

Best Answer

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,796
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Jackwong64

I would like to tell you that in order to make the first connection of Fingbox, it needs to be connected directly to the router. If you have multiple devices plugged into the router, then you can use a switch and free one of the ports for Fingbox by connecting those devices to a switch which connects back to the router. 

To assist with setting up your Fingbox set up, under App Settings, please make the following 2 changes: 

1. Disable Reverse DNS Lookup 

2. Change the Maximum network size to match your network size. 

To do this: 

• Open the Fing app, ensure that you are on the Network associated with your Fingbox 

• Tap on the Avatar icon in the top-right corner 

• Choose 'App Settings' 

• Scroll down and go to the "Maximum Network Size" setting and select the size based on the number of devices connected to network in your house. 

These changes should help with the issues in scanning. 

Log-in to your account: 

Make sure you are signed in to your Fing account. You can check this from the second tab MY NETWORKS. If not, you may create a new account from that tab, and try to discover again the network to enable the Fingbox. Just click “Get A Fing Account” from the MY NETWORKS tab. 

If you are unable to see the Fingbox, then please remove all old network from the Fing App and then run the scan again and then try to find the Fingbox again. 

To remove old Networks, please follow these steps:  
    1. Open the Fing App  
    2. Click on the Network Tab  

3. From the Top DropDown Menu, long tap on the network that you want to delete.  
    4. Select 'Delete' and then go back  
    5. Go to 'Accounts & Settings' display (by clicking on the icon/avatar in the top right-hand corner of the main display on the screen on the App)  
    6. Click on 'Account storage'  
    7. Click 'Synchronize'  

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Jackwong64

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,196
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jackwong64 , did you look at Fings color guide?  Follow this link..  https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/led-light-guide/. Green pulsing appears to indicate...  "Green Pulsing Ready for activation"..  

When you moved it off the work network, did you deactivate it before you added to your home network?  I'm pretty sure that you cannot move it between network without first deactivating the network it was previously on.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Jackwong64
  • Jackwong64Jackwong64 Member Posts: 10

Hi Marc, this is the version 2 and it has a light instead of a circle light.

like I said in my pervious post, it’s blinking in 1 slow then 2 fast blinks.

and it’s a brand new unit on the office network then reset and test at my home network.

thanks for your suggestions.

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Jack, though it has the single led, I believe what the led does would be the same between the v2 and v1 units (see below). You need to disassociate it from the office network to use it on a new network.  That means deleting the old network from the app or web and then having it scan the new network you have installed it on. If that’s what you meant by reset I’m stuck as to why it’s doing what it’s doing. 

Note: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/fingbox-v2-faqs/
    Question:

Will the LED status for the Fingbox will remain the same?  

There is only 1 LED on the new look Fingbox (as opposed to 6 LED’s on the original version). The LED status indicators will remain the same. 

i have confirmed it’s not added to my fingbox app so I don’t have to remove it.

back to the light guide, it been like this for all night

I can’t even upload video here, so I have a Dropbox link attached below.

again, thanks for your help.

Finally it’s resolved, I didn’t change the settings you mentioned.

I scan my current network and it found a fingbox and I am able to add it successfully instead of going to user at the upper right then add fingbox, I’m not sure if it’s a bug.

RobinMarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you resolved it. By the way, nice little statue in your picture next to the Fingbox. 😉