Fing App Feature Success Story

kltaylor
kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
✭✭✭✭✭✭
For our business accounts, I use Domotz which is a sister company to Fing to report to me any issues are any of the businesses that I directly support.
Late last night, our main office in downtown Salt Lake City experienced an internet outage for over three hours.  Certain business closing procedures were not available, reports were not generated, etc. due to the outage.
This morning the owner is speaking with one of the General Managers in regards to the outage.  The owner, who lives relatively nearby claims that there wasn't an outage at his home, however, my reports show a different story.
When the owner asked if there was an outage, I was able to provide to him exact time when the internet outage started and when it was resolved.  I then opened up https://app.fing.io/internet/ and sure enough, one registered outage was reported.
Between the two tools, I was able to adamantly state an outage happened, between what times it happened, and that Comcast had confirmed the outage according to the info screen for the internet within the Fing app.
Situations like this make my job a lot easier when I can accurately confirm an issue that had affected two of our restaurants.

TL;DR: Fing just rocks.

"There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
-Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
PoohVioletChepilHronos

Comments

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just moved this one over to the new Fing App Tips & Tricks sub-category here: https://community.fing.com/categories/fing-app-tips-tricks
    What do you think @Pooh and @kltaylor ?
    I just thought would be good for resources for new users etc.
    Let me know your thoughts ^^ before I go on a tips & tricks rampage. 

Community Manager at Fing

kltaylorHronos
  • Pooh
    Pooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019 #3
    Tips and tricks, or a Category dedicated to success stories? Reason I ask is that that if you had a separate category then perhaps you could also add these to Fings front page in a Testimonials section (which could then also link to the Community so folk on the fence would see how dedicated the Finiates are about their Fingies).
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    VioletChepilkltaylor
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah that could be good. Could be for down the road.
    I'm just trying to think of the most logical way to create a kind of resources section of user submissions. Like positive use cases, stories etc. I am just not sure how much content we'd get at present and whether I should leave in the regular queue or separate these kind of success stories into a more learning focused section. And of course I'd work on some other documentation for these areas. 

Community Manager at Fing

kltaylor
  • kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019 #5
    Pooh said:
    Tips and tricks, or a Category dedicated to success stories? Reason I ask is that that if you had a separate category then perhaps you could also add these to Fings front page in a Testimonials section (which could then also link to the Community so folk on the fence would see how dedicated the Finiates are about their Fingies).
    Not sure on Tips of Tricks, but a great Success Story thread would be awesome not just for the community, but targetted PR for Fing.  However, it can also serve as an 'I didn't know I could do that with Fing' area, express the tool and its functions into an active Sys-Net Admin lifestyle.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain